The MT-07 Forum

Pattonme fork retrofit and matris rear shock

norcal616

• Premium Member
norcal616

After a week worth of riding putting a few hundred miles I can say this set up is awesome!! Solved 92% of my suspension woes it seems 

I rode all last year on stock suspension till now...

First initial feelings " right outta the box" just playing on the bike in the garage...grabbing the front brake and pushing forward offers very nice resistance to diving( tried my hardest to see how much the spring will compress and it was just a hair over 1 and  7/8th inches)... Just pushing down at various speeds on the tail offers a nice plush resistance and bounce back constistanly ( stock was rather sharp and quick behavior)...over all sittting on the bike and rocking it back and forth with either brake engaged offers a very balanced feeling in front to back movements ( stock was pogo sticky)... 

The first few rides I took it easy, just sticking to city riding where I could hit a lot of " square bumps" ( man hole covers, RR tracks, bridge joints) and the ruts and pothiles left on the road from old man winter to get a feeling of how the suspension behaves... All I can say is WOW!!! just night and day difference... The new suspension very rarely gets outta whack, stays planted, front end just barely feels like it's gonna get a shaky feeling when I hit the some the worst road surfaces in the fine city of Grand Rapids, Michigan... When on a regular decent road surfaces the lil rolling like 3/4 inch High hill like frost heave lines that run left to right across the road the suspension just rolls over it...you feel the front end come up as high as the frost heave as it rolls over it, the rear end does the same under speeds of 60...High way speeds that same surface gets smoother with speed...running over train tracks was on par with manhole covers but a tad softer in response...

Taking off under my normal Riding style the bike rear shock compressed enough and rebound nicely to keep the front end planted even when I tried to take off harder than I normally do... Even with slowing down In gear when letting off the gas the front end just pushes back just enough to keep what I felt like a balanced bike rather than the 6 in Front end dive of the OEM...

Biggest thing I love was the bike didn't wanna dance in the crosswinds or when passing a semi...it barely reacted to the wind blast :D

Comfort ...plush and long lasting with the Yamaha comfort seat even after a non stop  3hr ride  out on my 2nd ride of the season...

So far the only adjustment made was a 1/4 turn softer on the front end... I noticed the lil oil sealdust cap lines on the fork show the front end compresses about 1.2 inches majority of my riding so far... At most 1.8 inches in extreme cases... 

This will be edited more in the future as I remember more....it's a new experience to feel how connected the suspension is to the road...it seems like the suspension got harsher but it never did it's just the fact im feeling the lil odd and ends of the road surfaces in what seems like real time that i never did with OEM suspension...

Any questions feel free to ask..any others wanna add similar experiences please let ppl know...nothing but awesome things about the suspension so far...hard to find a fault...

THANK YOU Pattonme for doing the fork work on my bike and making sure customer service was top notch...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Update... Had forks poking 6mm above top triple clamp when I put them on...could never get a nice suspension feel so I put the forks back to OEM height which was the bottom of fork cap was flush with top of triple clamp...BINGO!!!! Only had to turn forks 1/8 turn softer and rear shock 1 click softer... Much better turn in compared to 6mm height which was super fast and twitchy when leaned over...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived