The MT-07 Forum

Valve ticking noise coming from the engine.

kojaxxx

I was wondering if anyone has some insight into this?  I have some valve ticking noise coming from the bike. Its coming from the top of the engine. It stated around almost suddenly at about 600-700kms on the engine.  It is a little more pronounced now at 1900kms.

Break in was followed accordingly. You can hear it more when I come from a ride. On cold start, its there but not as loud as after a decent ride. 
Yamaha doesn't call for a valve adjustment until something like 44000kms. Which I though weird cause I thought most bikes need a valve adjustment after the breakin.  

Anyways. Any insight would be great.

Thanks

It's actually normal ... there are posts on it, even a sound clip.  I'll take a look for one.

I was wondering if anyone has some insight into this?  I have some valve ticking noise coming from the bike. Its coming from the top of the engine. It stated around almost suddenly at about 600-700kms on the engine.  It is a little more pronounced now at 1900kms. 
Break in was followed accordingly. You can hear it more when I come from a ride. On cold start, its there but not as loud as after a decent ride. 
Yamaha doesn't call for a valve adjustment until something like 44000kms. Which I though weird cause I thought most bikes need a valve adjustment after the breakin.  

Anyways. Any insight would be great.

Thanks

Pretty normal for a Yamaha! They have a lock on clickety valvetrains. The FJR and R6 folks go crazy over it.

J.D. Hord

Archived