The MT-07 Forum

New member from Kamloops BC

trueman09

trueman09

Hey guys and gals just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My names Tyler and i just bought a new 2016 FZ 07. I just picked it up on Monday so don't have any pictures yet,m but will post one up possibly tomorrow. It is grey with the neon yellow wheels. This is my second bike. I decided to upgrade this year from my 2005 GS500, and i couldn't be happier. Only put a few short rides to work and back but loving every minute of it so far. 

Akra titanium no db killer, Vagabond rear fender eliminator, Cyclone LED headlight

Welcome! I am not a believer until I see pics...lol Pics or it didn't happen!
Congrats on the new wheels!

trueman09

Okay I'll go take a quick couple pictures with my phone

Akra titanium no db killer, Vagabond rear fender eliminator, Cyclone LED headlight

• Premium Member

Welcome to the club and congrats on the bike!
According to the "pics or it didn't happen" rule, I don't have a motorcycle so it would be great if you posted pictures of yours to prove that one of us does. :)

trueman09
708d58d1-4841-4d28-9d4e-bb479e9aa2a0_zpsj2hty1o9.jpg20160507_181209_zpsu31kfdp7.jpg
That is my new beast. Completely stock as I've only had it since Monday. Any recommendations for first mods?

• Premium Member

You DO have a bike!! :P

As for first mods, some recommendations:
Frame sliders
Radiator guard
Fender eliminator

It depends on if you want them more for function or pure aesthetic value. There are too many upgrades but exhausts, LED headlights, throttle tubes, etc.. may be what you should check out.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! Most members have replaced the stock headlight bulb, since it is not very bright. The headlight usually needs to be aimed properly after delivery, there is a how to thread for this if you need help. The throttle cable may have too much slack, check the how to thread for this to see if it needs adjusting. You may have done this already, but the shift pedal usually needs to be adjusted to fit your boot for proper shifting. To do this loosen the locknuts (LH & RH thread) on the shift rod and rotate the shift rod clockwise or counter-clockwise to raise or lower the shift pedal. When the proper height is found tighten both locknuts on the shift rod and your ready to ride.

trueman09

Thanks guys I'll go through and check those out. And for ordering parts, where do you normally order stuff from? We don't have a lot of options where I live so most stuff would be online.... any recommendations for good quality and fast shipping?

bigdaddybane

Welcome fellow Canuck! That's a good looking bike ... congrats!

Hey Tyler it's Nate, Glad to see you on the forum! Kind of a shame i'm not at Chevy anymore, if you ever come down to kelowna you'll have to give me a shout, lots of riding around here! See you around buddy!

Archived