The MT-07 Forum

Played hooky and took a ride

nmucat

Well the weather was nice do I decided to skip out of work early and take a ride. I went from Dayton to Springfield to Competition Accessories via Nat'l Road 40 and some other side roads. CA is where I bought my bike, wanted to show off the mods. Looked at some jackets and riding boots, nothing into size :(

After the store I went south towards Xenia and Clifton Mills. Took a few pics next to some old stuff.

Then I just tooled around and ended back home a few hours later. All in all I think I out on 120 miles today. I can tell you that my butt is hurting, that stock seat has got to go. Love the ride other than the seat. The twisters were great and my confidence grew as the day went on. Handles a lot different (read better) than my last bike.

Anyway, enough rambling here is a pic or two

04197A9D-847D-42D0-82F0-C2A8DBA1291F.jpg

A3D1F214-D916-4D66-9837-BFF1258AAE4B.jpg

All in all I think I out on 120 miles today. I can tell you that my butt is hurting, that stock seat has got to go.  

Don't worry, with time, the seat become more comfortable. Now i can ride 200 miles without discomfort. 

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Your welcome. Just a few quick one with my iphone 5. Next time I may take the wife's camera with me and try to get some good ones.

• Premium Member

Very nice. Nothing wrong with ditching work for a day. I wish I would of done the same earlier this week. We had a beautiful day here. The second picture is the best.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I love this! Carpe Diem!
Regarding the seat, if it starts to bug me I find it easy to stand up for a bit and get some fresh air there. LOL!

Illegitimi non carborundum

I forgot to mention. The bike ran great the entire trip no issues. Stats according to the bike computer; Air temp 80*F, Bike temp 180*F, Avg fuel 50mpg.

Archived