The MT-07 Forum

Temperature Sensor?

gigex

Thanks, but I can't seem to locate it on their parts catalog :/. Is it labelled by another name? Or is it integrated into another part?

• Premium Member

It's called a "Thermo unit" on the Euro parts list. Electrical 2 fiche page, part number 4P9-83591-00

- Andy

• 5 months later...
  • Premium Member
not related to the original post but, just out of curiosity, where's the outside temperature sensor?
If I remember correctly the "outside temp" is using the intake temp sensor.

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

• Global Moderator

The outside air temperature sensor is on the right side behind the tank plastics. I have no idea where the engine temp sensor is though.

huh. Maybe that's why idling will skew your actual temp. Too close to the engine
If by actual temp. you mean OAT or outside air temp then yes, sitting still will skew that temp much higher since the sensor is mounted to the right side of the fuel tank front mount, just where engine temp and rad temp collects when sitting still.  

• 3 weeks later...

Moved mine to just inside the right plastic pretend tank mesh at the from to get proper unheated air temp. One of the first things I did.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 1 year later...

Hi Gregjet,

It's been a while since you posted this comment about moving the intake air temperature sensor on your FZ-07 inside the fairing. Do you recall what you mounted it to? Any chance you took any pics? Did the sensor wire reach or did you need to modify it?

Thanks!

Archived