The MT-07 Forum

Opinions: jacket and back brace.

caliesv

Are you concerned with it's functionality in either position? What is the concern?

Beemer

Are you concerned with it's functionality in either position? What is the concern?
I like the feeling with it over my jacket, but I know the braces aren't made for a slide. And I don't wanna look like a complete Dbag if putting the brace over the jacket is taboo

I think I know your dilemma. If you wear it under your jacket you look like a hump back turtle and even though it may look cooler on the outside of the jacket you already know that some people are going to be calling you a douche for your actions. All I can say is some people probably think I'm a douche for hitting the gas and making a lot of noise when I pass their car but until those same people stop playing their music loud, talking on their cell phones, texting on their cell phones, turning around in their seats to yell at their kids and decreasing my chances of being noticed they can just suck on it. I think I wouldn't care about what others think. 

Beemer

• Premium Member

Chances are you'll look like a dbag to someone, somewhere no matter what you do.

My opinion is that armor is best beneath the exterior protective layer. It should stay on location better in a kinectic event.

Everything went braap.

Go full D, who cares.  Take a lesson from the squids out there.  It doesn't bother them, it shouldn't bother you!

No seriously though, you are wearing protection.  Do it however makes you comfortable.

This is why when I go clubbin', my condom is unfurled hanging out of my crotch zipper ready to go at a moment's notice.  I'm letting the girls know I am responsible and I have protection.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

wear what u want, who cares if people think u look like a dbag.
I know I know!

• Premium Member

Those Helite airbag vests do neck and back protection like a boss. Save up time?

I run a Rev'it jacket with integrated back protector with a helite on the outside. It's best to have impact gear covered by abrasion gear if you're trying to get the most protection out of your padding. It won't do you any good if the asphalt rips off your armor!

Go full D, who cares.  Take a lesson from the squids out there.  It doesn't bother them, it shouldn't bother you! 
No seriously though, you are wearing protection.  Do it however makes you comfortable.

This is why when I go clubbin', my condom is unfurled hanging out of my crotch zipper ready to go at a moment's notice.  I'm letting the girls know I am responsible and I have protection.

lol! That's funny but being that it's dealt with your zipper before the clam you're also letting them know your condom is quite possibly defective.  ;)

Beemer

potatochips

I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone would wear it outside of a jacket. To me, it would look as silly as having your tighty whities on the outside of your pants.

Is it a fad that people do this? I've seen the Icon vests over shirts, but never a back protector over a riding jacket. Doesn't bother me either way, do what you want, just trying to understand this.

I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone would wear it outside of a jacket. To me, it would look as silly as having your tighty whities on the outside of your pants.  
Is it a fad that people do this? I've seen the Icon vests over shirts, but never a back protector over a riding jacket. Doesn't bother me either way, do what you want, just trying to understand this.
It's more for curiosity if anyone actually does do it over their jacket. I tried it a while ago just to see how it felt. I like how it felt better. But after reading about people doing it, I came to the conclusion that back protectors won't hold up in a slid. Which is why I put it back under. And yeah, it didn't look right to me either.

Archived