The MT-07 Forum

new guy from Ma.

dave1607

Just picked up my new 2016 FZ07 in black today! This forum has been very helpfull in my research, thanks.

• Premium Member

Welcome, Dave!
What other bikes were you looking at and what kind of research got you to choose the FZ?

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome and congrats! Check the forum to help you select a radiator guard. Also, you will need to check the aim of the headlight beam, check the throttle cable slack and if needed adjust the shift pedal to fit your boot.

• Global Moderator

Great to see you here @dave1607 ! Thanks for joining. Don't forget to pin :)

Thanks for the welcomes,
[div style=text-align:left]I have been interested in the 07 since I found out about them last year. I love the naked look. I had an FZ6 in I think 2009 it was a fun bike and I ordered a headlight to do a naked conversion. While I was waiting for the light to come in I went into a Harley dealership and saw a Sportster Iron and loved the blacked out vintage look and traded in the FZ6. So here I am six years later  with an awesome looking Sportster but bored to death of it and it's not very fun to ride. So I traded that in towards the 07.
I narrowed down my choices to the FZ 07 , FZ 09 and a leftover 2015 Suzuki GSX-S 750 that I could get for $1000 less than the 07.I eliminated the 09 first. I didn't really like the looks as much as the 07 and after reading a lot about them they didn't seem as dependable. I was up in the air over the Suzuki GSX-S and the 07 for a while. On one hand the Suzuki was cheaper and more powerful , on the other the 07 looked like a lot more fun. I read a lot on this forum and watched a lot of you tube vids and the 07 looked to be a blast , almost all the first reviews that I saw the people riding them would say things like "wow this things got torque" or they would laugh because it was so fun.
On the few videos I found on the GSX-S the reaction was less exciting and It seemed the word "smooth" was the most often word to describe it.
There was not much I could find for forums either for the GSX-S 750 which was very surprising because it has been out in Europe for a few years now.
I now have a little more than 100 mi. on the 07 and it handles awesome! I'm sure after break in this thing is going to be a blast![/div]

Archived