The MT-07 Forum

New riding boots

jchin3081

I hate going into the Dainese store. Everytime I go in, I always come out with less money. Well... At least these were on sale.

b21c23773e48533869b03dcbecc718b3.jpg

• Premium Member

The closest Dainese store is thankfully 3 hours away. Love their gear.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Actually consider yourself lucky. I have one about 15min away from where I live. I don't even need a bunch of stuff that I purchased but get it because of the convenience of the store being so close. Lol. I really do need to stay away though, cause on the next visit, I think I may come out with a new AGV helmet.

I got a pair on closeout from my local cycle gear. Those are great boots, i love mine.d844e4568a2c61dc2d067e827c8b6fe4.jpg

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

I got a pair on closeout from my local cycle gear. Those are great boots, i love mine.d844e4568a2c61dc2d067e827c8b6fe4.jpg

So far so good, but I've only worn them for a total of about an hour so far. One thing I do notice off the bat though is that these are definitely much easier to take on and off than the Sidi's I had previously.

Yeah for me too. Ive had mine for about 6 months and ride every day. They get better the more they get broke in and conform to your foot. The pair of boots i had before(rocket) werent as good a fit as these. Dainese definately runs narrow, but that fits my foot well.

05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

Simbadc650

JC, get ur bike back yet? I have yet to go downtown SFO to that Dainese store, lets be honest i doubt their gear is my size anyway, expect boots and gloves. :P But love the boots, and dont think my man is getting my boots any time soon since he read the post about the ugly rear sets!!!! Hurry up ride time!

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Haha good ol' SF got all the nice stores huh?

SigSide.jpg

JC, get ur bike back yet? I have yet to go downtown SFO to that Dainese store, lets be honest i doubt their gear is my size anyway, expect boots and gloves. :P But love the boots, and dont think my man is getting my boots any time soon since he read the post about the ugly rear sets!!!! Hurry up ride time!

I got my bike!!!! Yah!!! I'm ready to ride

dentalprodigy
I'm probably gonna regret asking you this... but I have to know.  How much did you pick these up for at closeout?  
I paid $300 at the Philly Revzilla store ($280 after using zilla cash)

• Premium Member

No stores close to me. Too bad though, because I love their stuff and would gladly give them some more money. :)
(I already have two pairs of their boots... love the fit).

Why can't left turners see us?

I'm probably gonna regret asking you this... but I have to know.  How much did you pick these up for at closeout?   I paid $300 at the Philly Revzilla store ($280 after using zilla cash)

It was on close out around $220 which included tax. Couldn't pass it up.

Yeah, same as jchin. About 220.

05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

Simbadc650
im off tomorrow and i wanna go to cycle gear in san jose, let me know if ur down. U still got the digits 

im off tomorrow and i wanna go to cycle gear in san jose, let me know if ur down. U still got the digits

I got your number still, but have to work on my buddies bike in the morning first. Not sure when we'll be done, but I have some other friends with their bikes coming to my house in the morning also. I'll let you know how everything goes.

• 2 weeks later...

These aren't Dainese but they do offer some protection, (especially in high water) they get peoples attention better to keep you safer and they're just damned sexy! 

http://www.amazon.com/Pleaser-Mens-Techno-854UV-Black-Polyurethane/dp/B003HVP4FU/ref=sr_1_37?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1464043467&sr=1-37&nodeID=11721160011&keywords=motorcycle+boots&refinements=p_n_size_browse-vebin%3A1285101011&psc=1

Beemer

• Premium Member
These aren't Dainese but they do offer some protection, (especially in high water) they get peoples attention better to keep you safer and they're just damned sexy!  
http://www.amazon.com/Pleaser-Mens-Techno-854UV-Black-Polyurethane/dp/B003HVP4FU/ref=sr_1_37?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1464043467&sr=1-37&nodeID=11721160011&keywords=motorcycle+boots&refinements=p_n_size_browse-vebin%3A1285101011&psc=1

Those are about the coolest boots I've ever seen.  Unfortunately... I've already blown my boot budget.   But I think everyone else that needs boots should get some. :) 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

Congrats on the boots! Picked up a pair of Nexus ($289) myself when I went in
 dainese_womens_nexus_boots_black_anthracite_zoom.jpg
I love Dainese, I have a small variety of their gear, jackets, pants, gloves but I can't help but think these boots are a bit overpriced for what you get. This is the constant frustration as a rider and on top of which being a lady rider makes gear choices even slimmer. My local shops just don't carry products I'm interested in and what they do have, good luck with them having the right size in stock. I wanted to try on Sidi's
 21353_2.jpg
For $20 dollars more I would have been able to purchase a boot that is more technical and from the looks of it, offers more protection. Those Vertigos retail for $315 while the next level up in Dainese are $389 pictured here
dainese_womens_torque_d1_out_boots_black_anthracite_detail.jpg 

I'm sure many here share my feelings about obtaining the proper gear. Which boot would you have picked if you were in my shoes (seewhatididthere)? Sometimes I just don't care to go through the hassle of buying multiple boots from Rev, waiting to try them on and then returning the ones that didn't work out assuming you find one that works. To only exacerbate the problem, not only do we have an issue with the number of options and availability, we're expected to pay top dollar and if it's one thing that really grinds my gear is to spend all the cash on something you're not completely sold on, but alas what can I do?

And since I'm being whiny, can I also complain about companies that have a penchant in throwing in "girly" touches on women's gear? The lei design on the Sidis put me off quite a bit and just the gratuitous appearances of pink...argh. 

Again, congrats on the purchase! I'm jealous you live so close to a D-store, I'm about 1.5 hrs away myself. Too bad there aren't more brick and mortar stores from other brands, I'd love to see A* have a store front somewhere in southern California, get some competition in the area.

Congrats on the boots! Picked up a pair of Nexus ($289) myself when I went in  dainese_womens_nexus_boots_black_anthracite_zoom.jpg
I love Dainese, I have a small variety of their gear, jackets, pants, gloves but I can't help but think these boots are a bit overpriced for what you get. This is the constant frustration as a rider and on top of which being a lady rider makes gear choices even slimmer. My local shops just don't carry products I'm interested in and what they do have, good luck with them having the right size in stock. I wanted to try on Sidi's
 21353_2.jpg
For $20 dollars more I would have been able to purchase a boot that is more technical and from the looks of it, offers more protection. Those Vertigos retail for $315 while the next level up in Dainese are $389 pictured here
dainese_womens_torque_d1_out_boots_black_anthracite_detail.jpg 

I'm sure many here share my feelings about obtaining the proper gear. Which boot would you have picked if you were in my shoes (seewhatididthere)? Sometimes I just don't care to go through the hassle of buying multiple boots from Rev, waiting to try them on and then returning the ones that didn't work out assuming you find one that works. To only exacerbate the problem, not only do we have an issue with the number of options and availability, we're expected to pay top dollar and if it's one thing that really grinds my gear is to spend all the cash on something you're not completely sold on, but alas what can I do?

And since I'm being whiny, can I also complain about companies that have a penchant in throwing in "girly" touches on women's gear? The lei design on the Sidis put me off quite a bit and just the gratuitous appearances of pink...argh. 

Again, congrats on the purchase! I'm jealous you live so close to a D-store, I'm about 1.5 hrs away myself. Too bad there aren't more brick and mortar stores from other brands, I'd love to see A* have a store front somewhere in southern California, get some competition in the area.

When I had my Sidi's, I loved them. Great track boots. Was a little of a pain in the butt to put on, maybe that's just me though.

The Dainese (not the highest model) boots I picked up have been great so far since I had purchased them about 2 weeks ago. Easy to put on with the zipper in back and Velcro for adjustments plus the size seems true to fit from the shoe size you would normally wear.

When it comes down to it though, any shoe protection is better than wearing tennis shoes for riding.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Buy your gear on closeout when you can...

$119 Shipped
TCX SR-1
63ae638f5e93a4d691e77ed111263afb.jpg

$299 Shipped
Alpinestars SMX Plus Gore-tex
91b35a636ba0efe9131f4d43e34496e0.jpg

SigSide.jpg

Go broke or stay home and order online!!

I have a different version of this. I'm broke because I'm always ordering online, so I'm staying home. Wait I have 5 bucks... I can fill up and go for a ride. Life is good!

I bought a new pair of boots recently for protection against water mostly but now I want a pair that breath well, offer decent protection and come in wide sizes. so1102, wasn't it you that told me awhile back that you had a pair similar to what I just described, ankle high's I believe? If so what were they? I've been looking and can't find what I want. Thanks for any help!

Beemer

Archived