The MT-07 Forum

Seattle Area Shops that Determine Value?

binaryjams

binaryjams

I recently bought my fz07 used from a private party. After a long debacle getting the title from his bank, and then finding time to meet up with him again to have him sign it, I finally got down to the DMV today to transfer the title. They told me I need to take it to a shop to determine the value of the bike, even though we put the NADA value on the bill of sale. I've bought and sold many, many cars and motorcycles privately in the past, and have had to do this with very old cars on occasion, but newer vehicles they typically can look up the book value on the spot, but this lady refused and just said "the sale price looks low for how new it is, so you gotta do this" (very frustrating). While I'm at it, I'll probably just have them give it a once-over too, since it's almost due for the 4k check-up.

Anyone have shop recommendations for the Seattle area that will give proof of the value as well as the 4k check-up?

Drive to a different dmv.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

bmwpowere36m3

Hmmm…. in CT they always use NADA (or some form of book value), unless the sale price is higher. I think its to stop private parties from putting "bogus" sale prices on bills of sale to avoid paying sales tax. When I bought my DRZ from a guy in NY, he filled out two bill of sales. One for himself, with the actual price and another he gave me with the price left blank…. it was NOT something I asked for.

Archived