The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 clear clutch cover???

wgrimsley144743

wgrimsley144743

I have seen a few Ducatis and BMW's with clear clutch covers and they look pretty sick. I was wondering if anyone has seen one for the fz-07 or mt-07. I have clubman cafe racer handlebars, m4 exhaust, all my turn signals flush mounted or integrated into the curvature of the bike. This mod would really just add eye candy for the bike and it would be cool to see it all working. 

AlbatrossCafe

I know Ducati's have them because of their dry-clutch design... With a wet-clutch I am pretty sure after a few minutes it would just be covered in oil and you couldn't see anything. I think it is still possible with a wet clutch but may be harder to install and a bit more expensive.

This is sold aftermarket for Ducati, so the price might be a little inflated (damn Italians) but I feel you would still be looking around the range of $500+ unless you made it yourself :(

Guest Ralph

It doesn't stick to the oil sight glass and I have seen them in bevel
drive systems but not for the MT/FZ, you can also get clear water
pipes for some engines not as entertaining but they look good.

bmwpowere36m3

Novelty… we had a guy make some oil filter covers (cartridge filter) on the TT forum for DRZs. I don't remember what he wanted… doesn't really matter, totally different application. Honestly, unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket… you'd be WAY better off spending the money on: ECU flash/fuel controller, shock and/or fork upgrade, etc… way more enjoyable.

Archived