The MT-07 Forum

Third Yamaha, second parallel twin.

mitdr774

Figured I should sign up for a FZ 07 forum now that I picked one up.  Picked up a 2016 silver/blue FZ 07 this week and promptly started making changes.  Already installed a TST fender eliminator and "flush mount" front turn signals, Custom LEDs integrated tail light, National Cycle windscreen, and Yoshimura exhaust. 

I also have a 2009 FZ6, 2015 R3, and 2007 Buell Blast.  

I have not had a chance to put many miles on the FZ 07 yet but did manage about 30 miles today before the weather turned sour.  I look forward to getting a chance to start putting miles on it.

Welcome! Sounds like quite the stable....I can only afford 1 and the FZ is it for me these days.

"Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater" - Iggy Pop

• Premium Member

welcome to the club!
that's a cool collection.
keep us updated on the FZ when you get an opportunity to ride some more :)

Simbadc650

welcome, where ya from? wat color blah blah, pictures of the pride of rides is what im really asking for!!! :P

I will have to work on the pictures. For some reason they come through clear on my phone, but when I transfer them to my computer or directly to photobucket they get blurry.

I am from the Detroit/Metro area, but I do my best to take my riding away from the city.

Pics or it didn't happen! Welcome!
Lets try this again.. 

Resized_20160515_132643_zpsdmohibjw.jpeg

11224001_10154142312038747_548656615373133201_n_zpsqdsbhwab.jpg
Not the most recent, but the other pictures I have are grainy once transferred to the computer.

Resized_20160413_193153_zpspvddhhw2.jpeg

20150417_194321_zps0c787aee.jpg

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Is the angle adjustable on that tst eliminator?
I went with the fixed position version.  I didnt see the need to be able to adjust it.  If I really do need to tweak it I could probably just bend it a little.

Welcome aboard! How do you like the torque compared to the other bikes you have?

Beemer

Welcome aboard! How do you like the torque compared to the other bikes you have?

I have not had a chance to really check it out due to work and weather, but with some luck I will be out in the next couple days. So far it has a lot more low end grunt feel to it compared to the others. I think top end wise the FZ6-S2 is going to feel a lot stronger though. New bike break in always sucks.

Wow, that collection! Jealous 
Welcome!

Thank you. I hope to be trimming it down by one shortly. The Blast will hopefully find a new home soon. Chances are the FZ6-S2 will remain in the stable as my highway bike.

Welcome!

How do you like the Shark Raw helmet? I have one and its great up to about 60mph. More than that and it seems to catch the wind a lot.

• Premium Member

@mitdr774 yeah at high speeds without a decent windshield it can be a little rough. And even when tightening down the straps for the goggles they still like to try to fly away from my face when doing head checks. But I love it and have adapted to it :)

Archived