The MT-07 Forum

Hello from Surrey, BC

todd5

Hi All,

I'm a complete motorcycle noob who just finished a MSA riding course.
After weeks of research it was down to the 2016 Honda CB500F, 2017 Suzuki SV650 and the FZ-07 with the silver tank FZ-07 winning based on comfort, power, weight, modern looks and a ton of positive reviews on youtube.
$300 bucks off from Costco didn't hurt either.

So I go to the dealer, work out a deal, do all the paperwork, insurance etc and the dealer wheels the 07 out for me so I can ride off into the sunset but there is only one problem.......NO KEYS.
NOBODY CAN FIND THE KEYS!!!!!  :|
I go home empty handed.

Anyways the dealer calls 3 hours later saying they found the keys but I had too much beer in me to ride responsibly.
DEALER CLOSED ON SUNDAYS!
So much for riding this weekend!

I'll post pics when I truly take possession. 
My only hope is they don't lose my bike this time.  ???

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! Sorry to hear the dealer messed up your weekend, but the bike is worth the wait. Make sure the dealer goes through a delivery checklist to verify everything works ok on your bike. You should inspect your bike to make sure there is no damage or scratches. Also, make sure they give you 2 black keys and 1 red key since Canadian and European bikes have an immobilizer as part of the ignition (not sure for Canadian bikes how many keys), in the USA we get 2 keys and a silver tab with a number on it to order replacement keys if all keys are lost, an FZ-07 Owner's manual, a Yamaha riding tips manual, 2 part wrench for your rear shock adjusting, short double looped cable to lock your helmet to your bike, a screwdriver and 2 hex keys.

Edit: @guru corrected me in that the Canadian bikes do not have an immobilizer, so you should just get 2 black keys and a silver tab with a number on it for ordering replacement keys if all your keys are lost.

• Premium Member
grahamfz07

That sucks, you buy it from Holeshot? It will definately be worth the wait!

• Premium Member

Welcome, Todd!
good luck getting that bike.
When you do finally get the bike, spend some time practicing in a parking lot and getting familiar with it.
You will definitely have a blast with it! :)

• Premium Member

Great bike choice! Welcome to the club. You won't be disappointed. I just got back from a 50 mile spin on mine. What a freakin' hoot!

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator

Hey @todd5 , great to have you on board, thanks for joining. Part of the fun of owning a new bike is the anticipation of getting it. So in a sense you were lucky having to wait a little longer. Good job on not picking it up while you were under the influence.

Enjoy the first ride when you pick it up today. You will be amazed!

• Global Moderator
...Also, make sure they give you 2 black keys and 1 red key since Canadian and European bikes have an immobilizer as part of the ignition (not sure for Canadian bikes how many keys), in the USA we get 2 keys and a silver tab with a number on it to order replacement keys if all keys are lost, .....

Canadian bikes do NOT have an immobilizer. Canadian bikes come with 2 simple black keys and the tab, just like the US ones, unless something changed since I took delivery of  mine.

lol! Keys lost, that just takes the cake but the way you told it was funny (too much beer in me) which made it even worse when they did find the keys. Your luck sounds to be about as good as mine.  ;)  Anyway, sorry about your luck and hopefully your first day of riding will make up for the clusterf***. Be safe, stay frosty! Waiting on those pics.

Beemer

I finally got the keys.
Not the best pic but I think we know what they look like.
I must admit I was scared of the torque/power before getting on it but this bike is a heck of a lot smoother than the Honda CRF250L and Ninja 300 which I first rode.

Props to Pacific Riding School for showing me the ropes!

PICTURE SHOULD BE HERE!!!!!

uH18oyC.jpg

• Premium Member

Congrats!! I can't believe they lost the keys LOL. Glad you finally have them.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

She looks great ... any upgrade plans for her?
Only mod on deck is a Puig touring wind screen. Hope to follow with hand guards.

It's my first bike so I want to see how things break naturally without me speeding up the process with mods.

Congrats on the new purchase :) I've had the same other bikes to consider as you, fz07 is a total beast especially if you throw on a full system on it!

See you out on the roads, cheers!

Archived