The MT-07 Forum

New Member from Louisville

inkedinspector

inkedinspector

I hope I am doing it the right way, lol. As far as the weather in Kentucky, I would say you could comfortably ride until November on a regular basis. So if I don't take rider safety until the end of July, it'll be August before I get my license, so I'm just looking at it as a payment I'll be taking on to get about 2 months of regular use before I have to park it. Not sure it's going to be worth it. Asking around locally I am getting the vibe that the dealers here don't really budge much in the winter either. May consider grabbing something really cheap on Craigslist or similar to putt around on this season for the couple months after I get my license, but either way, at the latest I will hope to buy my FZ in February/March to start riding early.

As far as the weather in Kentucky, I would say you could comfortably ride until November on a regular basis.
November is easy with a warmer jacket and sometime can even be stretched to December. 

• Premium Member

I'm not a big guy, so I can't comment on that, but I can comment on the fact that, if the FZ-07 works for you, it will be hard to outgrow. In fact, I've owned and ridden quite a few bigger and higher HP bikes, but the FZ is something special. The torque is amazing, and the bike just feels like it has a lot more well delivered power than the dyno says. That, and the nimble short wheelbase make for a really fun ride. Probably not the choice for cross country traveling, or track days specifically, but it is versatile, and the best commuter/hooligan bike I've ever ridden. Well... you've done the research so I probably didn't need to tell you all that, ...but welcome to the forum.

Why can't left turners see us?

inkedinspector
I'm not a big guy, so I can't comment on that, but I can comment on the fact that, if the FZ-07 works for you, it will be hard to outgrow. In fact, I've owned and ridden quite a few bigger and higher HP bikes, but the FZ is something special. The torque is amazing, and the bike just feels like it has a lot more well delivered power than the dyno says. That, and the nimble short wheelbase make for a really fun ride. Probably not the choice for cross country traveling, or track days specifically, but it is versatile, and the best commuter/hooligan bike I've ever ridden. Well... you've done the research so I probably didn't need to tell you all that, ...but welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the welcome, and yeah I don't foresee outgrowing it. Everything I read about the bike seemed like exactly what I was after, plenty of torque down low in the range, lots of fun around town and on back roads, I don't need some high horsepower highway pulling machine. Plus plenty of reviews that agreed it was a great bike for a novice to ease into and stick with. Should be a nice little change of pace for cruising to work on nice days or getting out on the weekends for a little get away ride. 

Archived