The MT-07 Forum

Signals no flashy. :(

booboobusfz07

booboobusfz07

So just got home from work. Riding home I discover my signals no longer flash. Doesn't matter left or right or if I turn the hazards on. If I turn them on they just stay solid. Why won't they flash?!?! Is my relay busted?
I have motodynamic flushmounts up front. And ebay led signals out back. I use a led Flasher relay. All of this has been installed for 6+months with no issue . Proper adapters no splices everything has worked fine.

• Global Moderator
So just got home from work. Riding home I discover my signals no longer flash. Doesn't matter left or right or if I turn the hazards on. If I turn them on they just stay solid. Why won't they flash?!?! Is my relay busted? I have motodynamic flushmounts up front. And ebay led signals out back. I use a led Flasher relay. All of this has been installed for 6+months with no issue . Proper adapters no splices everything has worked fine.
Fuse?

Maybe the relay... But Id check fuses first

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Under the seat, there are 2 boxes to check. Think the one with the signal light is the one on the right side. (Right when facing forward on the bike.)

If the signals are lighting (front and back), but not flashing, it's probably the flasher - especially if it's been working a long time. If the signals are not lighting at all, then it's more likely the fuse and possibly also the flasher.

There are a lot of fuses under the seat (8?). Check the owner's manual for specific fuse locations.

I'd guess there's more than just the signals on that one fuse as well - Is anything else dead as well?

not likely the flasher is on a different fuse from the signals. That the switch is letting the signals come on properly says it's ok and likely, so is the wiring - but you should check all of the connections you made with the mod.

With regular bulbs, too low a current draw will result in a non-flash. That could be from a combined wattage that's too low or one bulb burned out. But your LED set-up was working for 6 months so not the case.

Gotta suspect something in the electronic flasher unit has failed.

First thing I always do is check the 10 amp fuses. Good luck! Always check the simplest/easiest things first.

Beemer

• Global Moderator

check the fuses first... if those are good... the relay is shot
the LED relays are essentially a PPTC resettable fuse. voltage leak from a malfunction within the fuse is possible and yours seems to have bypassed the thermistor in the relay causing a short to power thus the lighting of the signals

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

booboobusfz07

Yeah. Just checked. Fuses are good I guess the flasher relay is bad. I'll try cycle gear tomorrow for a new one.

Archived