The MT-07 Forum

I'M LOST! Which bars are best for me?

ddog

I recently ordered the Gilles tooling factor x rear sets from bellissimoto. I'm currently awaiting their arrival, and got to thinking that it would be a good time to switch out my handlebars. I know that I want actual bars and not clip-ons, but I'm not sure where to go beyond that. I am tall at 6 foot 3, and generally would like my hand to not be in my face when I'm hanging off the bike in a corner. I exclusively do sport riding, so I'm not worried about long-distance upright comfort. I would also like to retain the Supermoto feel of this bike. Can it be done???

Also, I've read every thread I can find on the subject. I'm just indecisive I suppose. Thanks in advance for the input!

So far best options that have been discussed on these forums is the suburban machinery m1 bars or the woodcraft clip-ons. If you want a solid bar one piece bar then Suburban machinery may be the way to go. I know Renthal makes an ultralow bar that some on this forum really liked the feel. Driven racing has a carbon bar that has a slightly diff angle and sweep from stock. The driven racing one would retain closest to stock setup.
You should PM @pgeldz and ask him about his experience with both woodcraft and suburban machinery. He tracks his bike too so he would prob have insight which is better for canyon carving and track riding our bike.

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

The suburban machinery bars might be a bit too swept back for me, but I'm not sure. Hard to say when I'm not seeing them in person. I wonder how those compare to the renthal ultra lows and the street fighters. Anyone know the difference?

booboobusfz07

You want sport bike supermoto you want Renthal ultra lows. I dig mine. You go much lower and aggressive and you will lose the super moto feel.

• Premium Member

If I am correct (dont quote me on it) the Suburban M1 bars are much more agressive than a dragbar. I added the DrivenTT rearsets and threw on a Drag-bar from amazon. The bar is about an inch or so lower than stock and as far as I could tell retains roughly the same sweep. The posture change is minor but noticable. With these 2 additions I find it much more comfortable to "tuck in" when necessary. I dunno... personal preference for posture. How aggressive do you want to have it....

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

If I am correct (dont quote me on it) the Suburban M1 bars are much more agressive than a dragbar. I added the DrivenTT rearsets and threw on a Drag-bar from amazon. The bar is about an inch or so lower than stock and as far as I could tell retains roughly the same sweep. The posture change is minor but noticable. With these 2 additions I find it much more comfortable to "tuck in" when necessary. I dunno... personal preference for posture. How aggressive do you want to have it....

Do you have any issues with the paint chipping on your bars? The reviews seem to be spotted with quality complaints.

You want sport bike supermoto you want Renthal ultra lows. I dig mine. You go much lower and aggressive and you will lose the super moto feel.

Do you know what (if any) difference there is between the ultra lows and the street fighters? I can't seem to find info on that.

Google is your friend. 
21.3707.jpg

No wickedtwister, you are my friend. And I, I am incompetent. Thanks! Now to decide between the ultra lows and the drag bars.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I have the street fighters and like them. The width is the main reason i got these. Couldn't stand the stock narrow bars. Plus i got them from amazon at a hell of a good deal compared to what dealers wanted for them.

I have the street fighters and like them. The width is the main reason i got these. Couldn't stand the stock narrow bars. Plus i got them from amazon at a hell of a good deal compared to what dealers wanted for them.

I like that the street fighters have less of a sweep than the ultra lows, but I'm worried that the higher B and C values of the street fighters will prevent me from getting the better cornering position I'm looking for. Thoughts?

I'm waiting for my street fighter in the mail. I dig the motard/ dirt bike feel.

• Premium Member
Do you have any issues with the paint chipping on your bars? The reviews seem to be spotted with quality complaints.
The paint will scrape off if you arent careful when sliding the tight clamp of the clutch controls back on or twisting them around which of course is obvious. Any minor damage I caused to the paint is covered by the grips anyway. It's best to spread the clamp (clutch side) as much as possible with a beefy pair of pliers while carefully sliding them back on. I could be wrong but IMO given the tightness of the clutch contols clampy part I cant see any other bar brand's paint faring any better. With normal wear and tear they are holding up just fine.  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

bellissimoto

@ddog ,

There is another option on the market you might not be aware of.  Heck, I wasn't aware of it until I added it to our new website.

The Gilles Tooling GTOL Bar and 2D.GT Adjustable Handlebar Risers just may be the hot ticket for you.

The bar itself is a low design, but the sweep and angle is just about perfect for what you are trying to achieve.  You can also rotate the bar in the clamps to get the perfect desired position for your needs.  Here are the specs on the bar as well as a few pics: 

- Butted 1 1/8th design

- Made from 6061 Aluminum

- Provides more stiffness and drive control

- Can be used with Gilles Tooling 1D.GT and 2D.GT handlebar risers for perfect ergonomic comfort

- Available in Black or Gold

- Optional Crossbar available (sold separately)

- TUV certified

bKLT6u8l.jpg
CtVehLll.jpg

As far as the 2D.GT Adjustable Risers go, they are pretty unique also.  They're fully adjustable in height and forward/rearward motion. They allow for height adjustment in increments of 5mm up to 25mm total from its base position (which could be higher or lower than stock height to begin with depending on the application), in addition to forward and rearward adjustments in increments of 3.6mm up to 50mm total, depending on the application.
 Here are the specs as well as a few pics:

- Fully adjustable

- Height adjustable in 5mm increments up to 25mm total from its base position

- Forward/Rearward adjustable in 3.6mm increments up to 50mm total

- Wide or a narrow clamping possible

- Laser engraved marks make handlebar alignment easy

- Visual upgrade for your motorcycle

- CNC milled from high grade 7075-T6 aluminum

- Available in 3 anodized colors - Black, Black/Gold, or Black/Red

ybHsH1Rl.jpg
fz2gs8tl.jpg
fsBPCRQl.jpg

Because the 2D.GT Adjustable Risers are so adjustable, the kit INCLUDES the elusive speedometer relocation as well!

db20FLGl.jpg
ao8WA2ul.jpg

Just figured I'd offer something a little different and showcase some products you guys may not be aware of.  They would be a great addition to the Gilles Rearsets, and the adjustability is second to none so I don't think you'd have an issue setting it up exactly the way you want.

I brought a set in to see for myself what they look like and I'm impressed with their quality and adjustability.  I just have one set of bars and risers (w/ speedo relocation bracket) in Black so if you want the set I'll make you a deal since it's the first time I think this combo has been sold in the United States and I'd love to get them out there and hear some feedback.

Let me know if you're interested :)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

@ddog , 
There is another option on the market you might not be aware of.  Heck, I wasn't aware of it until I added it to our new website.

The Gilles Tooling GTOL Bar and 2D.GT Adjustable Handlebar Risers just may be the hot ticket for you.

The bar itself is a low design, but the sweep and angle is just about perfect for what you are trying to achieve.  You can also rotate the bar in the clamps to get the perfect desired position for your needs.  Here are the specs on the bar as well as a few pics: 

- Butted 1 1/8th design

- Made from 6061 Aluminum

- Provides more stiffness and drive control

- Can be used with Gilles Tooling 1D.GT and 2D.GT handlebar risers for perfect ergonomic comfort

- Available in Black or Gold

- Optional Crossbar available (sold separately)

- TUV certified

bKLT6u8l.jpg
CtVehLll.jpg

As far as the 2D.GT Adjustable Risers go, they are pretty unique also.  They're fully adjustable in height and forward/rearward motion. They allow for height adjustment in increments of 5mm up to 25mm total from its base position (which could be higher or lower than stock height to begin with depending on the application), in addition to forward and rearward adjustments in increments of 3.6mm up to 50mm total, depending on the application.
 Here are the specs as well as a few pics:

- Fully adjustable

- Height adjustable in 5mm increments up to 25mm total from its base position

- Forward/Rearward adjustable in 3.6mm increments up to 50mm total

- Wide or a narrow clamping possible

- Laser engraved marks make handlebar alignment easy

- Visual upgrade for your motorcycle

- CNC milled from high grade 7075-T6 aluminum

- Available in 3 anodized colors - Black, Black/Gold, or Black/Red

ybHsH1Rl.jpg
fz2gs8tl.jpg
fsBPCRQl.jpg

Because the 2D.GT Adjustable Risers are so adjustable, the kit INCLUDES the elusive speedometer relocation as well!

db20FLGl.jpg
ao8WA2ul.jpg

Just figured I'd offer something a little different and showcase some products you guys may not be aware of.  They would be a great addition to the Gilles Rearsets, and the adjustability is second to none so I don't think you'd have an issue setting it up exactly the way you want.

I brought a set in to see for myself what they look like and I'm impressed with their quality and adjustability.  I just have one set of bars and risers (w/ speedo relocation bracket) in Black so if you want the set I'll make you a deal since it's the first time I think this combo has been sold in the United States and I'd love to get them out there and hear some feedback.

Let me know if you're interested :)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

I would be very interested! Especially for a deal haha. Message me with the details and we'll see.

howlinhoss
@ddog, you have a PM :) 
- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com
Can you pm me price for the 2d.gt risers? Thanks.

• Premium Member
@ddog , you have a PM :) 
- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com
Paul, YOU have a PM. :) 
If the other ddog doesn't want the full set I'd be super interested in them.

I also bought these the other day due to FazerMatt's (motovlogger)
. He liked the position and said the the wheelies were awesome. For $34 I figured I'd give it a try. I haven't even installed them yet but after seeing the Gilles... I'd MUCH rather have those!  
I ride 50/50. 50% aggressive street and 50% relaxed with my girlfriend riding pillion. I wasn't looking for a Woodcraft but I wanted something more sporty than stock. The Gilles look like the ticket!

I've got my eyes on their rear sets as well.

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

@ddog , you have a PM :) 
- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com
Paul, YOU have a PM. :) 
If the other ddog doesn't want the full set I'd be super interested in them.

I also bought these the other day due to FazerMatt's (motovlogger)
. He liked the position and said the the wheelies were awesome. For $34 I figured I'd give it a try. I haven't even installed them yet but after seeing the Gilles... I'd MUCH rather have those!  
I ride 50/50. 50% aggressive street and 50% relaxed with my girlfriend riding pillion. I wasn't looking for a Woodcraft but I wanted something more sporty than stock. The Gilles look like the ticket!

I've got my eyes on their rear sets as well.
there's a group buy on rearsets right now. good time to get in.

• Global Moderator

@bellissimoto

Are the gilles bars 1.125" only at the clamps?
Im interested in the clamps and perhaps some carbon bars

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

bellissimoto
@bellissimoto  
I'll check for ya when I get in Monday morning :) 
- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

bellissimoto
@bellissimoto  

Yes Sir, the bars are 1 1/8 only at the clamps :)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

• Global Moderator

Adding in a bump here for an update on the xsr900

5632-1.jpg

the bike apparantly has an option for a 'cafe racer' setup and yamaha sells clubman style bars
for it

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemcatalogs/p/yamaha_motorcycle_street_2016_xsr900/yamaha_motorcycle_accessories-handlebars_controls/57167d9887a8660b203fe78d/xsr900-clubman-bars

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

I am definitely interested in the Gilles Tooling GTOL Bar PM me how much they are and if I'll need the bar adapters for my fz07.

Cheers

Archived