The MT-07 Forum

Ave Mpg

Redstang4

Hoping this is a one off malfunction and not an indication of my electronics going awry..

My ave mpg changed to 0.8 and stayed there for the ride home last night.  I left it there to see if maybe it was glitching and would go back. It didn't so I reset it this morning before the ride into work and seems to be functioning as normal. Anyone had that happen?

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I've had the average down to 24 when riding the twisties. Other than that i never look at it.

I literally had the same thing happen to me for aboht a week I never look at my mpg just the temp cause it helps me know how the bikes running. If you reset it it should go back to normal if it doesn't work rest your recent trip meters then reset it and that should solve the issue no idea why it happens bit you should reset it every tank if you want more accurate readings as riding a track for a day won't be the same as commuting but the numbers will be averaged.

I leave mine on temp also, switch off between outside and bike. Occasionally cycle through just for curiosity at a light, saw it was at .8 and thought oh no hope my electronics arent about to take a dump.
Thanks!

I leave mine on temp also, switch off between outside and bike. Occasionally cycle through just for curiosity at a light, saw it was at .8 and thought oh no hope my electronics arent about to take a dump. Thanks!

No problem I thought the same thing reset it road around and it went back to normal I think not resetting the trip meters might do it after 2800 miles is when mine did it.when you reset it it'll be 0.0 mpg ride a mile or 2 and it'll be back up there.

• Premium Member

Mines done the same. It tends to fix itself...

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

I don't trust the the thing. Mine was reading pretty accurate For a while, but for the last 2 or 3 months it has hovered around 15-20 mpg. I'm still getting my standard 55-60 mpg, so I haven't paid it any mind.

The only readout I really keep it on is engine temp. I just see the mpg when I'm scrolling thru to reset one of the trip odometers.

Everything went braap.

Guest Ralph

It only has the ability to store up to a certain distance once you
reach that it throughs it's hand in and quits, just reset it and
all should be well.

Archived