The MT-07 Forum

M4 slip-on without reflash or fuel management?

designslucid

designslucid

Anyone running an M4 slip-on without a reflash or fuel manager?

Any issues you've encountered? Running lean or rich? Performance loss? Deafening?(All kidding aside, first 3 are real questions)

Just curious if it's more of a PITA to get the exhaust without reflash or Fuel management system than not.

$400 now or $600 later, that's what I want to know.

It's best to have something that you can adjust to compensate for the less restrictive exhaust. I recommend the EJK, they also sell the M4 system at a discount when you buy them together. I can't comment on how it runs without the controller, bought and installed both at the same time.

• Premium Member
fz07fanboy

M4 is awesome. I have it on mine and it's mean with the baffle in. You will need EJK or refresh because you will have backfire. After dialing the EJK in, it's perfect now.

designslucid

Thanks fz07fanboy. I've wondered, Fazer_Matt on YouTube said he didn't have any issues, so I've been wondering.

I had the M4 on the bike when I bought it without any fuel controller. There was a lot of backfire and popping when letting off the throttle. I went with the 2WDW re-flash and been very happy with it. No more backfiring and not as harsh engine breaking from the fuel cutoff. With out the baffle in it is deafening. I wear earplugs now even with the baffle (I like to hear after a long ride) and it sounds good to me.

So ummm is the backfiring a bad thing? I'm just curious cuz I also have the m4 without any fuel manager etc. I do hear the popping noise but haven't noticed any performance issues.

• 3 weeks later...
So ummm is the backfiring a bad thing? I'm just curious cuz I also have the m4 without any fuel manager etc. I do hear the popping noise but haven't noticed any performance issues.

Yes.

Will MPG or HP drop with an aftermarket pipe, like the M4, if there is no other mods like a Fuel controller or ECU flash added?
Also will the MPG drop with M4 and a fuel controller \\ ECU flash together compared to stock exhaust and stock ECU?

• Premium Member

You may notice a little less MPG because you're using a fuel controller to add more fuel in order to smooth out the throttle and account for a more free flowing exhaust system. I can still get average anywhere between 140-160 miles on a tank, but I ride my FZ for joy riding not watching my MPGs. HP shouldn't drop at all if you have a properly dialed in fuel controller. You may actually gain 1-2 HP.

Archived