The MT-07 Forum

Throttle body sync

liami

I found a thread for performing he throttle body sync completely and very detailed, but it explains how to do it via removing he entire tank and side plastics, then reinstalling the tank for the sync just to remove it again and put it back on once more. Someone told me on a past thread of mine, and I also saw a vague video of a guy syncing his without removing the tank. He gave no explanation. Could anyone provide an explanation as to how I could sync them without removing the tank? Honestly, I know I could probably figure it out myself, I just haven't had a good chance to look at my own bike yet.

Guest Ralph

I did mine without removing the tank, I may have removed the right hand plastics but can't remember
the adjuster is under the right throttle body you don't touch the left, I used a small screw driver with
a 90 degree bend near the tip a bit fiddly but it worked as I did nor require much movement but did make
the bike feel smoother.

Both have adjusters, right? I heard the right side is more difficult to access, couldn't I just adjust the left throttle body?

[ul type=disc][*]Left side is the reference, and is NOT to be touched.
[*]

[*]
.[/ul] I've never owned any other bike before this one, so I have no other reference, but it seems pretty ridiculous, the number of screws and panels that need to be removed for simple maintenance on what is supposed to be a "naked bike".

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

Guest Ralph

Both have but the left is factory set as a known setting and you adjust the right to suite
the book says don't touch the left and it was no problem just to adjust the right, I suspect
the left is turned right in but have not checked but stuck to the book and adjusted the right.
Biggest problem is fitting the vacuum pipes you will need 1 or 2 T pieces as it may have
pipes on the vac connection on one or both depending on model, mines a EU so has two pipes.

I got one of these but had already done the job so have not tried it yet

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=90+degree+carburetor+screwdriver&biw=1280&bih=675&tbm=isch&imgil=YTnjIVa5RQyQrM%253A%253BAaS8_XA3tm96AM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.speedwerxstore.com%25252Findex.php%25253Fl%2525253Dproduct_detail%25252526p%2525253D1840&source=iu&pf=m&fir=YTnjIVa5RQyQrM%253A%252CAaS8_XA3tm96AM%252C_&usg=__gU8mNwd6SttVJbUFJ-gNatTlNIY%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjT6KmFtevMAhVhKcAKHXoZA_IQyjcILw&ei=e3VAV5O_OeHSgAb6soyQDw#imgrc=YTnjIVa5RQyQrM%3A

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

My broken period was ended last week-end. I did myself the throttle body sync to verify if they was out of sync. I bought, since couples of month ago, 2 vacuum gauge to be able to do it myself. It was easier than I though.

Finally, both gauge shown exactly the same numbers. But the numbers was not exactly what the service manual said. So, I decide to don't touch the right screw since both was equal.

I did that in the same time then I was installing my alarm system. So, the right fairing was removed and it was almost easy to work on the throttle body. I just saved about 150$ from the dealer to do it :). Easy job, but remember to manipulate CAREFULLY the little rubber cap with its springclip on the right TB because if you drop it in the engine, it's a pain to recover it. Believe me!!!

Motorboat McGoat
Hi guys, 
My broken period was ended last week-end. I did myself the throttle body sync to verify if they was out of sync. I bought, since couples of month ago, 2 vacuum gauge to be able to do it myself. It was easier than I though.

Where did you get the vacuum gauges?

• Global Moderator
Hi guys, 

Where did you get the vacuum gauges?
You could get something like this

http://www.2wheelpros.com/parts-unlimited-carburetor-synchronizers-2510868.html?o=8699090&gclid=COyUsJCelc0CFVFgfgodEVwBrg

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Guest Ralph

I have never used clock style gauges as I am always suspicious that they are not matched
so one will read higher on the same cylinder than the other you can easily check by swapping
the connections see if they still read the same but if they don't can you adjust the zero?

I have never used clock style gauges as I am always suspicious that they are not matched so one will read higher on the same cylinder than the other you can easily check by swapping
the connections see if they still read the same but if they don't can you adjust the zero?

These are the exact same than mine. I bought the 2 gauge version. Also, yes, the zero is adjustable.

Also, like I said above, they were perfectly synced when I checked them after my broken period. The only thing is that I read a higher value on the gauge than the value wrote in the service manual. But I didn't touch any screw they were perfectly balanced.

Mine were a little off. Not enough to worry about too much, but enough to want to adjust it a little bit. I use the vacuum gauges too, and zero is adjustable on mine.

Guest Ralph

Thanks for the info re adjustable gauges.
I have done a good few and never bother what the actual reading is
unless something is obviously way out just make sure they both are
in balance.

pantheraleo
[ul type=disc][*]Left side is the reference, and is NOT to be touched. [*]
[*]
.[/ul] I've never owned any other bike before this one, so I have no other reference, but it seems pretty ridiculous, the number of screws and panels that need to be removed for simple maintenance on what is supposed to be a "naked bike".

Wait until you own another....you'll appreciate the FZ. The FZ-07 is a dream to work on. My R6 is much more difficult to access. The oil change procedure is preposterous.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

Makes sense on a bike with fairings, but this FZ-07 is supposed to be "naked". 80% of the screws we need to remove are merely for aesthetic panels. I never gave it much thought before, but it seems the only valid gripe about foreign bikes, is the amount of plastic on them. I don't care much either way, I just wish they were quicker to remove.

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

Archived