The MT-07 Forum

Plastic Stuck Between Chain and Wheel

anips

So I ran over some plastic and it got stuck between my wheel and chain.  I loosened the axle bolt and got the plastic out but noticed a circular black thing that's fused to the plastic that kinda looks like an o-ring?  I'm not sure if it is or if it's just the plastic that kinda got melted and dirty and then hardened to make it seem like it is an o-ring. I can't tell by feel so am wondering if anyone knows if there is supposed to be a rubber o-ring between the wheel and chain and if so what is the part number so I can replace it.  Here is a picture of it and also where I took it out from. And if there's anything else I need to worry about please let me know.  Thanks!

70divwg.jpg
OxVMdiu.jpg

• Premium Member

(I could be wrong but...) it looks like the plastic just melted in a circular pattern because of the friction at the place it was stuck. 
this should give you a visual idea of the parts in that area:
https://www.shopyamaha.com/parts-catalog/parts/street-mcy#/Yamaha/FZ07_-_FZ07FCR_-_2015/REAR_WHEEL
it looks too big to be one of the seals ([HASH]3 or [HASH]13 from the diagram... unless there's another part that is not pictured in that schematic but I didn't find anything else) 

Thanks! I took a closer look and it was actually a ziplock bag. The hard circular pattern was the part where you snap together the bag to seal it which is why it felt like an o-ring! Crisis averted, and chain slack tightened and oil changed since I had my tools out lol. Damn litterbugs!

Better to have it get caught there than melted onto your exhaust where it would burn and stink for weeks to say nothing of leaving a black mess.

Archived