The MT-07 Forum

You may "meet the nicest people on a Honda", but...

pgeldz

• Premium Member

Some old timers may remember the Honda ad campaign from way back with their slogan, "You meet the nicest people on a Honda".  While that very well may be true, I just met the most inspirational person on a Yamaha - an FZ-07 no less.

vhPkJaMl.jpg

This gentleman rode all the way from LA to visit his son in Vegas, bionic leg and all.  He got hurt in an off road accident 5 years ago, but that didn't stop his love for riding.  He told me he got the bike 8 months ago, and already has 12,000 miles on it.  Major respect for this guy.  Just proves when there's a will there's a way.  Safe travels Miguel.  It was a pleasure meeting you.

- Paulie

Is he wearing shorts, or is he just showing off how badass he is to the world?

You know, if I was sporting around that hardware, first thing I would say when I meet someone is (extends out hand) "come with me if you want to live".

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

I don't think he is showing off. I would think it is more along the lines of cutting and hemming his pants for that leg so that the wind doesn't force any material from the pants into any of the joints and jamming them up causing major issues.

Guest Ralph

Did you get the add with Twiggy with a Honda moped "Graduate" ?? was it on the Dartmouth Ferry?
that's me showing my age.

Awesome! I like meeting inspirational old timers myself and sometimes the ancient ones just have the best stories and advice. I take it that was just a light joke about the shorts & being bad-ass but seriously, regular long pants would probably be flapping around making a lot of noise for nothing. I would wear shorts, too. That metal needs no pants for protection. Nc thread, rock on Miguel!

Beemer

• Global Moderator

Some old timers may remember the Honda ad campaign from way back with their slogan, "You meet the nicest people on a Honda".  While that very well may be true, I just met the most inspirational person on a Yamaha - an FZ-07 no less. 

vhPkJaMl.jpg

This gentleman rode all the way from LA to visit his son in Vegas, bionic leg and all.  He got hurt in an off road accident 5 years ago, but that didn't stop his love for riding.  He told me he got the bike 8 months ago, and already has 12,000 miles on it.  Major respect for this guy.  Just proves when there's a will there's a way.  Safe travels Miguel.  It was a pleasure meeting you.

- Paulie

Red bikes and their riders are just the best
Rock on Miguel
maybe he'll join us on here soon enough

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived