The MT-07 Forum

High beam light staying on

roxrny

High beam light came on today.  Stayed on.  High beam switch is off.  Actual light hardly changes when I flip the switch.  Any ideas?

NgE9Nmy.jpg

• Global Moderator

Flash button stuck oe broken contact plate in the high/low switch itself

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, now the switch works again but when the high beam is turned off the headlight turns off completely. I am going to take it apart and look at it but does this just sound like a lose wire? Can your low beam blow out while the High beam still works?

Hmm, now the switch works again but when the high beam is turned off the headlight turns off completely. I am going to take it apart and look at it but does this just sound like a lose wire? Can your low beam blow out while the High beam still works?
It's a single bulb with 2 filaments - one for the high beam and one for the low - so yes you can have the high beam w/o the low. If the filament is blown, you'll need a new H4 bulb.  
Bikes with 2 or sometimes 3 reflectors will use single filament H7s in each reflector. The difference between high and low beam is ultimately wattage and where the beam is pointed - up and out (high beam)  or down to the road (low beam) 

That said, you should probably open that switch gear pod and give those switches a goos spritz of plastic-safe contact cleaner. 

Archived