The MT-07 Forum

Power commander?

turboman

I have a slip on akrapovic exhaust and a k&n filter do I need a power commander? If so what one ? Model ? They have the dyno jet v and the fc.. idk so many options. I'm not looking to mess with settings just want some plug and play . No need of extra maps and what not. Any ideas? Or send me to a place I can find this info thanks

I second the 2wheeldynoworks tune for your bike, I had the same set up and with the tune it's a new bike.

You don't impress me as a tweaker ... fz07.org/board/15/yamaha-fz-07-ecu-reflash

Let the pro tweakers tweak it for ya!

Beemer

For plug and play, you won't find it easier than the ECU Re-flash.

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

I also reckon go the reflash. Less obtrusive and a good one does a bit more than redo the Fuel tables on this bike. Depending on whoe does the reflash you get optimized fuel tables ( especially if they dyno for your bike setup), remove the fuel shutoff/throttle close, some can recurve the spark and some can even extend the limiters.
No obvious outward signs of modding, which can be important someplaces.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

On the flip side, the PCV makes it easier to go back to stock or swap set up's without having to send in your ECU every time. I am happy with my PCV although I can't compare it to what the bike feels like with a flashed ECU. Also you can always just sell the PCV if you don't like it as opposed to not being able to recoup the cost of service for the ECU.

Valid points azuryn. The biggie is the limiter, and removal of the fuel shutoff on closed throttle, though the latter may be circumvented by some tweaking the lower end of the PCV or using the " accellerator pump" software app of the power commander.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived