The MT-07 Forum

Hello from Iowa

hawkize

• Premium Member

Just joined a few days ago.  Don't even have a bike yet, but am set on FZ-07.  Took the MSF course and got my license a couple years ago, and now finally in the position to get a bike.  Living vicariously through you guys until that happens.

• Premium Member

Welcome!
You may want to take the MSF again as a reminder or just go to a parking lot to get a feel for the FZ if the MSF is your only experience riding. Enjoying learning and stay safe!

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! Which color do you want?

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome! Where are you at? I'm in Dubuque! Why don't you add yourself to the Map so we know where you are when organizing group rides.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member

I've thought about signing up again for the MSF course as a refresher.  Leaning towards Raven, though by the time I get one they might have new colors. I'm in Ankeny and work out in West Des Moines.  

• Premium Member

Welcome! Let us know when you get that bike!!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

So my brother in law has a Suzuki Intruder 800 he no longer rides (he got his Harley he wanted) and offered it to me.  I could get that now and learn on that for this year and get the FZ-07 next year.  I don't believe I'll be able to get the FZ-07 this year so this would give me something to practice on.  Thoughts?  I think it would work pretty well to learn on and it's cheap.

dentalprodigy

Sounds like a pretty solid plan. No need to stretch yourself too thin just to get the FZ-07. I'd go this route too if I had an opportunity like this. Plus, god forbid you drop it or scratch/damage the Suzuki you won't feel as bad as dropping a brand new bike.

Archived