The MT-07 Forum

2017 FZ-10 for US -- done deal

so1102

• Global Moderator
Must resist!!!! But is it futile!!
Buy iiiitttt simbaaa

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Twice the price of my FZ-07. Twice the bike? Maybe. Twice as sexy? Hmmmmmmm

bigdaddybane
man that's pretty expensive but SO badass. I'd love to borrow one for the weekend.
Actually I don't think it's expensive at all. You're getting a lot for $15.5K ... quite less than some other bikes with less technology options and power.

twowheeladdict

Meh. 4 banger. I'll take the low frequency vibes of a twin over the high frequency buzz of an I-4.

2015 FZ-07

Tyler Jane

@twowheeladdict Yeah, I agree. I'm kind of hoping that Yamaha comes out with something like an FZ-12, a 1200+ twin in league with the monster and superduke, but with the distinct MT/FZ styling. Maybe one day...

@twowheeladdict Yeah, I agree. I'm kind of hoping that Yamaha comes out with something like an FZ-12, a 1200+ twin in league with the monster and superduke, but with the distinct MT/FZ styling. Maybe one day...

I'm pretty sure overtly sexual talk like this is against the forum guidelines.

Simbadc650

I love the headlight they slapped onto the bike, wonder if there will be a fz07 conversion!

I love the headlight they slapped onto the bike, wonder if there will be a fz07 conversion!

It looks very similar to the fj-09 headlight setup.

Eh. Too big. I have the nearly perfect bike right now. ABS would be nice, but that doesn't seem a Yamaha priority.

Eh. Too big. I have the nearly perfect bike right now. ABS would be nice, but that doesn't seem a Yamaha priority.
Eh, 2 cylinders too many. 

• Premium Member

That head light needs to be redesigned..and it's got up to 2 extra unneeded cylinders... Fz-09 turbo bike would be a better choice for me

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Looks really good but I'll stick to my 07! I'd put too much love into her already and I'm planning on keeping her for quite a while!

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• Premium Member

That's awesome that it's even coming to California. Can't wait to see them around!
I am saddened that Kawasaki brought the Z800 to every state besides California.  (just did some googling and some dealer websites show Z800 in stock. That's weird)

• Premium Member

Well, it's twice the cylinders, anyway. Anyone know the weight? I would get one if I could generate a reason, over the 07. For my infrequent riding I just cannot, EVEN I cannot. Though, I have decided what I'd have to change, starting with the "traditional," cumbersome looking exhaust, the gap between the windscreen and the rest of the bike (when viewed from the side). And, that oil-cooler (I presume); could it be placed any more vulnerably? As noted, I need the weight to have a handle on it.

Thanks for the post/heads-up (and NOT meaning your "wood," so1102)!

460-something lbs.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Badass ride for sure but since I can barely use the FZ09 power so think I will pass.

The FJ07 is most likely what I will get for touring.

AlbatrossCafe
I was gonna say the same thing! I hope it is dual h4 bulbs and not the "one light on for low beam, both lights on for high-beam" H7 garbage. I already have the dual headlight wiring setup on mine so if that assembly/windscreen doesn't cost something stupid like $500 I will definitely be trying to fit it on there. 
One of you photoshop-gifted members needs to mock this up ASAP...

roadrunner

if it was a vtwin maybe, but its too similar for me in terms of purpose to the fz07. my next bike would be a regular r1 or daytona 675. or the yamaha bolt.. rode it once, its so comfortable, would be awesome for long trips :)

• 2 weeks later...

Damn I bummed.

US msrp is 12999 which basically means if you were to buy it new, otd is roughly around 15k.

I think its too rich for my blood.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Damn I bummed. 
US msrp is 12999 which basically means if you were to buy it new, otd is roughly around 15k.

I think its too rich for my blood.
twice as many cylinders - about twice the price. 

Archived