The MT-07 Forum

New Member.. Interested in purchasing

croxley611

croxley611

I've been eyeing the fz-07/fz-09 for a couple of months now. Visually I like the look of the fz07, price is perfect too. A little on the fence between both.
I currently own a 2007 Suzuki Gsxr 600, it has the right amount of power for me, but I like doing long distance rides and I want to be on something with a different riding style/comfort.

Anyone on here think I'll be disappointed in the power band on the fz-07 compared to my current bike. I've read a few reviews and the bike is a hit.

Anyways any feedback would be greatly appreciated

I've gone through a bunch of bikes including a gsxr750 and an R1. It's a great all around bike. No disappointments here.

Only if you demand high-revving horsepower like a 600 super sport has would you be disappointed
with the FZ-07 powerband.

If you can get used to low/mid range torque/power, used to a quick bike rather than a rocket with good top speed you may like the FZ. I suggest you try and test ride one to be sure you like the feel and performance. Also, the handling in traffic is much better with an FZ-07. Steering is very quick, it's nimble so you can toss it around like a it's nothing. You sit upright, good neutral ergo's, so you may be vertically challenged. Good luck but something tells me you're going to buy one. 

Beemer

croxley611

Yeah it all comes down to price per month with me also.. I had a bike payment on my first bike (Kawasaki ninja 250) great little bike but I out grew it after the first year and was stuck with the payment for another 2 years until I sold it for what I owed on it.

By the sounds of it I won't outgrow the fz07, my wife also has her license and owned a ninja 250 in the past. She refused to learn how to drive my Suzuki gsxr600 because she was nervous about the weight/power difference.

I want something we can both ride and enjoy without having to own 2 bikes. Got a little guy so it's hard to take rides together.

I'm sure once I put a slip on exhaust I'll be all smiles as well lol

• Premium Member

First off, welcome!

My wife recently test rode the GSXR 600 and felt the FZ had more power LOL. So by that, I think you'll like the FZ just fine. Sharing a bike is fun... until you both want to ride at the same time.

Hope your wife won't be nervous about riding the FZ.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

croxley611

Lol, well that helps the decision towards the fz07 a little easier! Ive heard the bike has a lot of low end torque so I'll make sure to let her know to keep it real easy on the throttle!

One of my largest complaints is the upright seating position. I just don't like it, its uncomfortable. I don't feel confident in the corners. I already put in thousands of dollars and don't really want to buy anything else for the bike.

I'm also short at 5.6 so my lean angle is around 12 degrees. I find it hurts my back.

If I was you I would do a test ride for sure. I regret it a little I didn't just buy my 2015 gsxr 600.

croxley611

Yeah I sat on it, don't have any to take for a test ride unfortunately. I'm 5'10 .. I find leaning over on the Gsxr for any period of time my hands go numb .. Lol hopefully the fz07 is a little more comfy

croxley611

So I got the word on approval today for the bike, just found a better deal at another dealer.. Anyone have experience riding 2up on the fz07.. Does it have enough guts? Also going to see if I can get an fz09 lowered .. Still in between bikes lol

So I got the word on approval today for the bike, just found a better deal at another dealer.. Anyone have experience riding 2up on the fz07.. Does it have enough guts? Also going to see if I can get an fz09 lowered .. Still in between bikes lol

I've never ridden the FZ-09, but I recently purchased a XSR900 and rode an FZ-07 for several years. I don't think you'll outgrow the FZ-07. I never outgrew it and I've been riding for 10 years. I traded the FZ-07 in for other reason, and none of the reasons had to do with the power or ride of the FZ. The engine on the FZ-07 is very responsive and you can always make the bike rev quicker by putting in an R6 throttle tube. You'll probably be happy with either decision you make.

croxley611

Went into another dealer today, sat on the fz09 and so did the wife, she felt comfortable on it. Then I told her it's only like 18lbs heavier then the fz07 she was surprised. Waiting to hear back if I can get the approval on it, if so I'm gonna go with the armour grey.

Archived