The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07R Racebike Kit

Allan

• Premium Member

That would be fun! Probably not in my future though. ;)

Why can't left turners see us?

I'm sure it's a nice bike on the track but I can't help but wonder how it would stand up next to an YZF600R on a big track. I can't wait for the track video.

I know this isn't the subject at hand but the video couldn't be ignored. I watched the "click on" video in the upper rt. corner and I disagree with their choice of cruisers. There are other cruisers under $10k with newer/better technology that aren't designed with parts that create eminent, premature, catastrophic engine failure. 

Beemer

I think this guy nailed it in the video comments.

MotoBoy
"I think the main reason is because there is a market for the middleweight twins class in many club racing communities. The old SV650 is on it's way out for many as a lot of people are switching over to FZ-07's and whatever else. These middleweight twins classes are some of the largest and most popular grids in America. It's a great intermediary class between the lightweights and full fledged supersport and superbike machines. They're also a LOT less expensive than your top of the line racing literbike.

All that aside, the FZ-07 is one hell of a wicked platform. FAR easier bike to ride than an R6. The R6 is known for having an extremely rigid frame. So much so, that in 2008 when it was redesigned they weakened the entire chassis to allow the bike to flex a little more, giving riders more feel.
Just my 0.02"

Racing is about classes. Most places a 680 twin won't be racing a 600/4, as andistyr points out. Racing is fun even as a commuterlite ( 125cc STOCK production engine). It's not about ultimate power but close competition.
I raced a Kawasaki ER6N and I am convinced the 07 would make a better racer, especially on shorter tighter tracks under the rules we used to race to . In Australia and in Queensland, the MT/FZ the rest of the world gets is too big a capacity of max 650cc twin plus tolerance, but the beginner model is 656cc which IS within tolerance.
Done up with fairing and decent suspension etc. ( no major mods to engine permitted in our class), it would be real fun once the race geometry was sorted ie getting more front end load.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

What would be even cooler is if you could ACTUALLY buy these parts online. I've tried calling and emailing and posting here to find out how to order parts, I've yet to hear back and I call and email about 3 times a week. :/
I just want them to take my money and send me parts lol

I wanna know how they get an R6 front suspension setup to work.
they have custom triple clamps for front end swaps

• Global Moderator
I wanna know how they get an R6 front suspension setup to work.
I thought they used the r6 triple with different shaped bearings

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I'm probably wrong. lol.

I'm probably wrong. lol.
You both are right, you can use a stock R6 triple with custom lower bearing or the custom triple with the same custom bottom bearing. Basically both upper tripke clamps can interchange.

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

Archived