The MT-07 Forum

Hello from Southwestern Ontario

quincy007

Hey members,

Just picked up my new bike on Saturday and had a question, what tools/manuals should I have received, because I didn't get anything.

20160528_134325_resized_zpsufxfxu54.png

• Premium Member

@quincy007 you should have received a manual, which you can get a free download of from Yamaha's website. There should be some tools under your rear seat. Also should have come with a spanner wrench for adjusting preload on shock and a "master" key to make copies and activate them.

Grats on the bike! Looks great! Ride safe out there.

^ What he said. Congrats on the FZ-07. Get yourself some good gear and stay frosty out there! Cager's seem to feed on bikers.

Beemer

Thank you guys, yeah I'll check the factory seat.

Yeah before getting the bike I blew the cob webs off my HJC from back in the day but my head grew, lol. So I picked up a new Scorpion EXO GT_920 and a Joe Rocket Laurentian jacket along with come Icon anthem stealth gloves, very comfortable gear. Probably going to get some boots and a Kreiga R30 backpack for day rides. Really awesome bike though, getting bit of hand pump on the throttle so I need to sort that out, might be my long hiatus from, nerves hopefully.

20160528_192627_resized_zpsrkkckair.png

• Global Moderator

Congrats @quincy007 , nice bike !

tools.png

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome and congrats! Dealer owes you the owners manual. Attached under the pillion seat should be 2 hex keys and a screwdriver in 2 parts. There should also be a pouch stored in the pillion seat compartment with a 2 part wrench to adjust the rear shock and a double looped helmet hanger. You should also have 2 keys for your bike and a small silver tab that has a number stamped on it. This silver tab with a number is so you can order replacement keys if you lose all your keys.

bigdaddybane

Welcome to the forum neighbor. I got the same bike more than a month ago ... enjoy your ride!

• Premium Member

Welcome, buddy!
Hand pumps.. haha.. I just barely got over those not too long ago. (I'm a newer rider)

As for the helmet, good thing you got a new one because they're only supposed to last like 5 years (glues and everything inside start to deteriorate).

Also, here's a link to download the manual for free from their website:
www.yamahamotorsports.com/motorsports/owners-manuals

• Global Moderator

Qelcome dude
Gratz on the matte silver purchase

see you have the comfort seat already...
Any other mods planned?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Qelcome dude Gratz on the matte silver purchase

see you have the comfort seat already...
Any other mods planned?
Thanks very much. Well I did go pick up this last night, couldn't resist, it was such a good price. The medium fits absolutely perfect and has a nice strap to hold in place. 

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/medium-deluxe-motorcycle-cover/A-p8169609e

But I do plan on the fender eliminator kit, want to upgrade the signals to LED but retain the running light feature, or at least lights that don't shake all over. I'm not too sure on an exhaust cause I actually like the sound and how quiet and when leaving at 6 in the morning, its not annoying for my neighbors as it warms up. Couple of things in mind will be an upgraded backpack, throttlemeister maybe, its endless right now.  Put 90kms on it already, lol.

Yeah that seat is really nice, love its look. 

Them stickers tho.  :P
I only got one sticker on the left side when I got mine. I wonder if having two stickers will increase the value??? Like how having a rare, misprinted stamp can increase the value of the stamp.

Beemer

My alternate suggestion to a back pack... 
http://fz07.org/thread/193/kriega-10-drypack

I cant rave enough about the Kriega system

Yeah I was looking at the Kreiga R25 or 30 but going to purchase the one below cause its pretty affordable and inexpensive and if it turns out to be not so good, its not a huge loss, it will be good for ATving. 
Thanks

https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/firstgear-torrent-waterproof-backpack.html

Them stickers tho.  :P
I only got one sticker on the left side when I got mine. I wonder if having two stickers will increase the value??? Like how having a rare, misprinted stamp can increase the value of the stamp.
I haven't really looked at them but they are coming off, if possible, most likely French and English though.

• Premium Member
My alternate suggestion to a back pack... 
http://fz07.org/thread/193/kriega-10-drypack

I cant rave enough about the Kriega system

Yeah I was looking at the Kreiga R25 or 30 but going to purchase the one below cause its pretty affordable and inexpensive and if it turns out to be not so good, its not a huge loss, it will be good for ATving. 
Thanks

https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/firstgear-torrent-waterproof-backpack.html

Looks nice, I just like not having the weight on my back.

Man each little ride I'm getting more and more comfortable and this bike is so nimble. Shit its me that's feeling like a hooligan. So glad I bought this model.

Archived