The MT-07 Forum

Gear to reduce vibes

biggaudi

• Premium Member

Just curious if anyone has insight into what kind of gear might help reduce vibrations, specifically in my bar end mirrors. I've got the CRG ones and love them, but everything is small in the distance because of the convex format and when they vibrate at higher speeds I really can't tell if there's a cop car behind me or not ;)

And if there is no solution because the bike just vibrates, then I'll just suck it up. Thanks!

I've felt that vibration that others have talked about (the 5k vib. in 5th) and since this bike has close gearing I would think that a taller 5th gear might help to eliminate that vibration but that's just a guess and it might make it better on the highway. For all I know it could make it worse. I would ask a pro about that. Sorry, couldn't help.

Beemer

Just a note. Renthal ultralows have a polyurathane rod in the centre that helps reduce vibration but mostly higher frequencies.
Check your nuts on the handlebar bolts under the top triple clamp . If they are a little loose the vibration will be worse.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member

I want to say that it's not exactly something you can remedy.

It only seems to be bad due to the freeways I take. They were constructed in "patches" perpendicular to traffic, so you feel the ridge between each section, thus making it a terribly, bumpy ride.

Is your suspension dialed in to your weight? That could help?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

I have the Renthal Ultra-Lows with the CRG HindSight LS bar end mirrors. I get no vibration in them at all. Everything is smaller than the OEM mirrors, so cops might be a little harder to recognize, but the field of view is great and no vibration.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

@gregjet I'll check my bolts and make sure they're tight. I'm ignorant to handle bars, but I'm guessing the renthal ultra lows aren't stock on this bike. I was thinking about getting different bars because I'd like some that are a bit higher and closer to me. I'm 6'3" and when I sat on an xsr900 those bars felt really nice.

@motomeek my suspension is upgraded for me and adjusted appropriately. Though it is stiffer than before I feel it soaks up bumps fine. It's mainly just the vibes from the engine, especially at higher revs. Example, if I'm on the freeway and I chop off the throttle, pull in the clutches and just sail for a second the mirrors are crystal clear. But soon as I get back on the gas it begins again. I've tried putting rubber o-rings under the CRG mounts and such, but that didn't help either.

Guest Ralph

You could try heavier or lighter bar end weights but it will be hit n miss,
if you have a mate that could make a few weights you could experiment.

• Premium Member
You could try heavier or lighter bar end weights but it will be hit n miss, if you have a mate that could make a few weights you could experiment.

Oh yea...  I have my CRGs mounted to Renthal bar ends too.  They are very light weight. 

Why can't left turners see us?

Archived