The MT-07 Forum

Hello from Portland, OR!

theotis

Greetings-

New rider here. Took the MSF course early this month and grabbed myself a '16 FZ-07 on the 20th of this month.

Love the bike! It's everything I was hoping for, definitely looking forward to growing into it as I progress as a rider.

I picked up some bar end mirrors, (shoulders/arms were killing the factory ones) last week, next up is a wind screen and rear fender eliminator.

I have to say, I'm pretty happy about how every rider I've ran into, from work, to the street, to gear shops, to the dealership is more than happy to fill me in on advice and do's and don't's.

I scheduled my first service, (the 600 miles one) for Wed. Can't wait to put on thousands more with this thing!

Is it kosher to bring it in for the 600 miles service at like say 650? Or is the 600 mile mark pretty much where you should keep it when you drive in?

Anyway, looking forward to getting more involved in the community, (both local and on here) and having a blast.

Have a good one all!

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Congratulations on the purchase. I would say anywhere in 600 mile range is fine. Finding a good shop to work on motorcycles is difficult. I have had nothing but problems from any and every yamaha dealership I've taken mine to. If you have the ability i would highly recommend doing the work yourself. Good luck enjoy the bike and let us know if you have any questions.

Welcome, I'd agree with doing your own servicing but since the first service is so critical have it done through a reputable dealer. As far as the rest, keep receipts and log maintenance should go far, if your capable.

Be safe.

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Don't fret too much over mileage being precise...

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Congratulations on the purchase. I would say anywhere in 600 mile range is fine. Finding a good shop to work on motorcycles is difficult. I have had nothing but problems from any and every yamaha dealership I've taken mine to. If you have the ability i would highly recommend doing the work yourself. Good luck enjoy the bike and let us know if you have any questions.

There are good bike shops around most places but dealerships are horrible because they can't keep/pay the good techs, who quit and open their own shops. Find them..

The boys in the service dept. at my Yami dealership told me I couldn't use synthetic oil in my bike ... (rofl)  I don't let them touch my bike.

Congrats on your new bike and welcome!

Beemer

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! As you have found out, this is a fun bike. Lots of info on this forum to help you with your mods. If you ever need replacement OEM parts, you will see most are not that expensive. Be careful out there.

Archived