The MT-07 Forum

Gas Tank Tube Connections

logiks

Hi All,

I just installed a Power Commander V and everything went pretty well. In the process, I accidentally pulled a tube out from from the gas tank and cannot find where it should plug into. I have a California FZ07 so I know the gas tanks are a little different and have two tubes that run below. One is for drainage, the other I cannot figure out. I've also checked the OEM parts Micro Fiche but it still is not clear to me.

Can anyone help to identify where this tube (black) is suppose to go? Below are photos of it and I pulled it out to be more obvious. It has a clamp on the end I need to attach, so I figure its gotta go somewhere! Any help is appreciated, thanks!

On the Micro Fiche, it's labeled as [HASH]24: "Pipe 10 for CA"
http://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/a/yam/53a99b1cf8700220a44158cf/fuel-tank

In both photos, it is the the black tube on the left. The grey tube on the right is the drainage.
[/url]Photo 1

I did the PCV install a few months ago also in CA so I might be able to help you but your pictures aren't working.

OK, so that piece plugs into the right side, the port closest to the tail end of the bike, just shove it on there and re-attach the clip.

If you look at the inset pict on that page, that's the California set-up. The front hose will lily take water from the gas filler are and drain into ground. The rear hose connects to a plastic one way valve that's plumbed to the carbon canister.

Find that carbon canister and work back until you find that plastic valve - that's where that hose will get attached.

Ahh I understand now. I didn't see the close of up the CA specific image!

Thanks I'll get to fixing it.

Also, I fixed one of the pictures for consistency sake.

Archived