The MT-07 Forum

About to pull the trigger

hawkize

• Premium Member

Went and finally sat on a FZ-07 last weekend just to get a feel for it.  Felt great and felt very comfortable on it.  I'm going to look at some financing options tomorrow.  I decided I can't wait until next year. Getting an insurance quote tomorrow as well. 

I think I'm going to get Raven, but also really like white.  I thought I saw you can buy the plastics if you want a different color? 

Pretty pumped gentleman.

Should be picking mine up this week... I couldn't Wait either. Traded a Panigale for it.

From all the research I've done, reviews I've read, and the demo I took on it. Pretty much sold it for me.

Hope it all works out for you as well! Keep us posted! Seems like this forum is #1 for the FZ-07.

Should be picking mine up this week... I couldn't Wait either. Traded a Panigale for it.  
From all the research I've done, reviews I've read, and the demo I took on it. Pretty much sold it for me.

Hope it all works out for you as well! Keep us posted! Seems like this forum is #1 for the FZ-07.
I wonder if you are the only human on the planet who has traded in a Panigale 1199 for an FZ07.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Global Moderator
Went and finally sat on a FZ-07 last weekend just to get a feel for it.  Felt great and felt very comfortable on it.  I'm going to look at some financing options tomorrow.  I decided I can't wait until next year. Getting an insurance quote tomorrow as well.  
I think I'm going to get Raven, but also really like white.  I thought I saw you can buy the plastics if you want a different color? 

Pretty pumped gentleman.
You will love the bike. You can buy different color plastics for about $150 for the set (there are three pieces, five on the white because it has two painted fender parts). 

• Global Moderator

Pretty pumped gentleman.

If you look online at places like partzilla.com and yamahapartshouse.com
you can get all 5 of the plastics for a white conversion for around 200
or maybe you can work that into the deal when you talk to the salesman/manager

Any color is a cool color but red it's where it's at. !!! Thehehe
you and i think too much alike... its kinda scary simba...

Red is bestest and fastest color
though i am sadly leaving the red club shortly

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator

I wonder if you are the only human on the planet who has traded in a Panigale 1199 for an FZ07.
To be fair he did crash it
kinda

• Premium Member
Red is bestest and fastest color though i am sadly leaving the red club shortly

What is this shenanigans, sork?!?!

• Global Moderator
Red is bestest and fastest color though i am sadly leaving the red club shortly
You'll see

Also @Hawkize... if you can... talk them into including the YES warranty

To be fair he did crash it kinda

To be fair I had just gotten a quote before the incident and verbally agreed to the OTD price. I did ask them if they thought it was weird or crazy. They said "it's not the strangest trade they've seen.

Also $200 dollars to change colors!? Wtf! It cost me $250 on the Panigale just to replace the mirror myself after a bird flew out of the median and slammed into it and my shoulder. "

Here is my 2016 Raven with White plastics, best $200 you can spend on a Raven IMO!

IMG_20160508_164512469_HDR_zpssxhjtodz.jpg

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

You'll see 

I'm in on the secret - it's going to look GREAT!

• Premium Member

The only difference between the black and white are the frame colors... Raven has a black frame as the white has a silver one. Good luck!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

Well I bought it.  2016 Raven.  Beyond excited.  Getting it on Friday.

• Global Moderator
Well I bought it.  2016 Raven.  Beyond excited.  Getting it on Friday.
Swwwe3eeeeeet

• Premium Member

I think I'll get frame sliders and a radiator guard first.  Was looking at the woodcraft sliders.  Seem to have good reviews, but I'm a bit worried about installation.  Have worked on cars before but not motorcycles.  

Anything else I should look at doing fairly soon.  Already have an exhaust picked out, but that will be a bit.

vroomvroom

Those were the first two mods I did. You need very little handiness and about 15 mins of time to install both. You will do fine.

I think I'll get frame sliders and a radiator guard first.  Was looking at the woodcraft sliders.  Seem to have good reviews, but I'm a bit worried about installation.  Have worked on cars before but not motorcycles.   
Anything else I should look at doing fairly soon.  Already have an exhaust picked out, but that will be a bit.
If you have worked on cars, then everything on the FZ07 should be a piece of cake for you. 
I come from zero work on anything,  and found the majority of installs straight forward and easy.  Frames sliders are nothing.  You remove bolts.  Re-bolt in sliders.  Done.

The main thing are the tools.  You need the tools, and guessing you have them.

The exhaust is fairly straight forward as well.  The biggest issue is getting an extra pair of hands to help hold up the exhaust while you line up the headers.  Other than that, everything should be easy, just requires some patience.  I installed mine all by myself, and then on the GF's motorcycle, asked her to help me while I lined up her headers and noticed how much quicker and easier the install went.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member

Actually don't have the tools. Grew up on a farm and my Dad has all of them and he lives an hour away. I will need to grab my own. Any recommendation on where to start?

• Premium Member
I'd go ahead and get front and rear axle sliders while your at it. I got those, a radiator guard and a Givi windscreen right off the bat.
The axle sliders fairly easy to install?  I assume I can get everything from Revzilla?

Breaker bar (optional but you may need it for chain tightening when it comes to removing axel bolt), torque wrench, allen/hex socket set, metric socket set (same drive size as the torque wrench) 27mm socket (this is usually individually sold), socket extension set, combination wrench set, digital caliper, motorcycle rear stand.  You may also want to get 1-2 extra ratchets.

Those are the things I purchased within the first 2 months after buying the bike. I think it set me back 250-300 bucks.

• Premium Member
Breaker bar (optional but you may need it for chain tightening when it comes to removing axel bolt), torque wrench, allen/hex socket set, metric socket set (same drive size as the torque wrench) 27mm socket (this is usually individually sold), socket extension set, combination wrench set, digital caliper, motorcycle rear stand.  You may also want to get 1-2 extra ratchets.  
Those are the things I purchased within the first 2 months after buying the bike. I think it set me back 250-300 bucks.
Thanks for all the info.  Will head to the store this weekend and start picking up some items.

• Premium Member

Got the bike on Friday.  Was able to get about 30 miles in this weekend.  Mainly around my neighborhood.  Picked up a few tools and ordered the R&G radiator guard and Woodcraft frame slides.  Will  post pics soon.

Archived