The MT-07 Forum

New member in Austin TX

googletx

Greetings from Austin Texas y'all !!!

My name is Trevor,  Ive been into motorsports and riding bikes since an early age.  I have only recently (less than a year) bought my first street bike, a 2011 Suzuki TU250X. 
I figured this would be a perfect place to start and hon my skills for the day to day commute in the minefield of AWFUL drives.  My TU250X has been a dream to own, but Ive got an itch
for something a little more powerful but still practical.  I was seriously looking into the FZ-09, thought it had a good price point for what it is ( love triples ) but once I checked it out at
my local dealer it was just a little bit to tall for me I am  (5'7") with short legs.  Looking forward to learning more about this bike and what actual owners think about it.

Hey Trevor! Thanks for joining and posting. We are glad to have you here. Alot of us have this bike on order and will be reporting back soon.

I have an FZ-09, and love it. But couldn't imagine going up from a 250. I test rode the FZ-07 and its a great bike! Smooth when you are being sensible but womp the throttle and you can do power wheelies. It is slightly lower than the FZ-09.

Come back and visit/post often. This will be a fun place to hang as more people join and post.

Thanks for the welcome guys! Im so happy there is already a form to come to for such a new bike, looks like we have a great community already. I will be going into Woods Fun Center and Centex power sports this Friday to talk numbers with the sales team. I just don't know what I should actually pay for the bike, how much should I try to get off the msrp sticker or if there is even any leeway. What have y'all heard?

There didnt seem to be any room on the price when I bought mine. The price was the price. $6990 is what I paid out the door. The whole process was surprisingly easy, didnt have any issues at all.

Tell them right up front that you will pay 7,000 total, no doc fee, no shipping fees. Also, if u are gonna finance then go get pre approved at a Credit Union.
Creidt unions will often lock you in at 2.9% or something crazy low. The dealers will often give ya a low price, and then phuck you on the interest, and swear that the credit unions and lenders would only authorize you for 6 or 7%. Dealer work with credit unions, the credit union tells them 2.9% and then the dealer bumps it up, gets you to sign the deal and then pockets the money and big commission, cause the credit union pays them up front. Seriously, never ever finance thru a bike or car dealer.

Thanks for the welcome guys! Im so happy there is already a form to come to for such a new bike, looks like we have a great community already. I will be going into Woods Fun Center and Centex power sports this Friday to talk numbers with the sales team. I just don't know what I should actually pay for the bike, how much should I try to get off the msrp sticker or if there is even any leeway. What have y'all heard?

Guest brickst3r

Welcome to the forum Trevor! Good to know that i should be going to a credit union to look for better apr rates. I was planning to finance through the dealer as well but I will go check out what i can get first.

Dealers are in business to get a profit by getting you excited to buy, and then doing what it takes to earn as much money as possible.

Credit Unions are in business because they offer much better terms on loans than anyone else. The dealer will say that hey! We work with that credit union! But they bump the interest% up and then get paid up front and you end up paying so much more than you should.

I used to be a Sales Manager for an Auto Lot. Shady job, but it taught me how to buy cars and bikes.

Thanks for the great advice! I just went by my Credit Union, got approved at 4.55% , not to bad I don't think. I will be going by the dealership tomorrow morning and hopefully riding away on an FZ-07 if everything goes well.

Archived