The MT-07 Forum

New bike!

tony04

Hey everyone. I was finally able to pull the trigger on picking up my fz! I've had my eye on this bike since it was first released. This is my first street bike and can already say after only 45 miles I am totally obsessed with riding it. I do have a quick question about cruising rpm range. What's the typical rpm you cruise at once you get up to speed. Seems to be in the short amount of riding that I've done, the bike holds pretty steady around the 4k mark, that about right or should I be looking to shift and bring it down lower? Thanks ahead for any answers.

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n456/b0nez116/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpeg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Bike looks great Tony. Welcome to the family/community!

SigSide.jpg

barneyfife

Congrats on the new bike. Black is the best color. Just a fun bike to ride.
I cruise anywhere between 4k-5k, at the beginning of the power band. If you're concerned about gas mileage ride at lower rpm with ECO light on.

Welcome tony04 and congrats on a nice looking, black FZ-07! The owners manual says you should vary the rpm and not cruise at a constant speed during the break-in period. When cruising during my break-in period I would keep it at about 55 for a minute and then drop my speed down to about 50 for the next minute, back and forth. It's agonizing to do for 600 miles but my bike runs excellent.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator
Hope you're ready to spend more dough. Lots of goodies to purchase for your new bike!
What he said....(digs around for spare change to upgrade suspension)
welcome dude

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived