The MT-07 Forum

Had accident, need to replace part

reconvirus

reconvirus

I was on the free way when a car suddenly stopped on me, me beginning a new rider thought I could had handle it, I panic-ly grab my front brakes to hard causing my bike to flip over on it self. It skid I uncontrollably was rolling over desperately trying to stop my self. After coming to, I walk to my bike which look fine from a afar but I notice it was leaking blue liquid. I had help picking it up and notice it had a hole in this plastic place leading into the engine. Does anyone know what the piece is called? Can it easy be changed out? Or I'm I looking at a dead new bike :(
20160603_010405_zps2pu4dknr.jpg
20160602_230040_zps6nqudzld.jpg
20160603_010425_zpsj1lvidc7.jpg

Sorry to hear that.

If your bike flipped over, chances are there are many parts to replace. But pertaining to the part you are asking about, you have pics of it by any chance?

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Sorry to hear, since you are a new rider I would suggest to ask a mechanic to give a look over, like duenan said there is more than likely more damage to the bike given the nature of the crash.

How are you holding up after the crash? You doing ok?

reconvirus
Sorry to hear, since you are a new rider I would suggest to ask a mechanic to give a look over, like duenan said there is more than likely more damage to the bike given the nature of the crash.  
How are you holding up after the crash? You doing ok?
it never fliped over it was more of a skid. there is only scrach marks on the right side of the bike. but again the piece going into the engine coming from what looks like the radiator has a hole in it. Idk if that was what the blue liquid actually was. i just want to know what the piece is called exactly so i can fix it 

Guest Ralph

The bit that bolts to the engine is the water pump, and the pipes from that
will need replacing but I really would get a mechanic to look before you
buy any parts as it is difficult from the pic's to tell what else is damaged
dont run the engine in that condition the fluid is cooling fluid and it
will soon overheat causing much more internal damage.
The rear brake lever also looks damaged.

reconvirus
The bit that bolts to the engine is the water pump, and the pipes from that will need replacing but I really would get a mechanic to look before you
buy any parts as it is difficult from the pic's to tell what else is damaged
dont run the engine in that condition the fluid is cooling fluid and it
will soon overheat causing much more internal damage.
The rear brake lever also looks damaged.
Thanks Ralph, Ill try calling around tomorrow to see where exactly i can take my bike to get looked at. I truly believe that is the only thing that needs replacing but you are right i better get a mechanic to look at it. 

Did you take the MSF course? The liquid is coolant, as mentioned and you should let a mechanic look at it. It should get a test ride at some point to be sure nothing is out of adjustment or bent, etc. before you ride it again. Sorry about your bike and accident and I'm glad you're alright. I have a sneaking suspicion that when you grabbed a lot of front brake you did the newb thing and turned your handlebars at the same time, which can cause a bike to go down quick. I"ve attached a video that demonstrates that so that hopefully you learn from it and not repeat your mistake, 'IF' that's what you did.  If you're still too shook up from the accident you don't have to watch the video but it sounds like it wasn't a bad wreck and that you're OK. Ok enough to watch.

[video src=https://youtu.be/QB2o0P29BVU]  

Beemer

reconvirus
Did you take the MSF course? The liquid is coolant, as mentioned and you should let a mechanic look at it. It should get a test ride at some point to be sure nothing is out of adjustment or bent, etc. before you ride it again. Sorry about your bike and accident and I'm glad you're alright. I have a sneaking suspicion that when you grabbed a lot of front brake you did the newb thing and turned your handlebars at the same time, which can cause a bike to go down quick. I"ve attached a video that demonstrates that so that hopefully you learn from it and not repeat your mistake, 'IF' that's what you did.  If you're still too shook up from the accident you don't have to watch the video but it sounds like it wasn't a bad wreck and that you're OK. Ok enough to watch. 
[video src=https://youtu.be/QB2o0P29BVU]  

That's exactly what happened. Trying to slow down and get out of the way at the say time. Definitely lesson learned

That's what I figured and again, sorry it happened. You may not have seen the older threads about taking your bike to a mechanic but the more experienced guys here said it's best if you can find a certified motorcycle mechanic with his own business rather than taking it to a dealership for repairs. Good luck!

Beemer

Archived