The MT-07 Forum

Spark plug puller

liami

Only bike I've seen that didn't come with a spark plug puller in its toolkit. What sizes are the spark plugs, I haven't pulled them yet

• Premium Member

"Only bike I've seen that didn't come with a spark plug puller in its toolkit." Probably tells ya about how often they need service.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I have 2 bikes that dont have one. You have to pull so much of the bike apart to change them its not really a side of the road repair. There are a couple how to threads that walk you thru it with a list of tools.

It is possible to do it without pulling the fuel tank but its soo much easier to just pull the tank.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Why do you think you need to change your plugs? Change interval is 7 or 8K and mine looked great at 7k, but I changed them anyway because I had them.

I just like to have new stuff. Figured after 1000 miles, it'd be cool to change them just so they're brand new and whatever. It's not necessary, but it's such a cheap little thing to make it act a little better, that I feel it'd be worth it

I just like to have new stuff. Figured after 1000 miles, it'd be cool to change them just so they're brand new and whatever. It's not necessary, but it's such a cheap little thing to make it act a little better, that I feel it'd be worth it
You should change your rings then. New rings are great every 600 miles!

Beemer

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Yeah might as well tear down the transmission and rebuilt it too.

• Premium Member

Where's the sarcasm emoticons boys? It's not nice to screw with new folks. ;)

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Ok in all honesty i didn't feel any difference when i changed mine at 7k. Every winter i do pull the bike apart for a "major" service. Oil change, brake fluid, air and oil filters, spark plugs, ect but i do put about 6-7k on my bike per year. But that is when its too cold to ride anyways. If i were you i wouldn't pull it apart just because this soon.

Thanks guys...I get it though, I know it's mostly unnecessary. I just did my 600 mile service today and while I was changing other big things, wanted to change spark plugs. I know it's not necessary hough

Archived