The MT-07 Forum

Guys, I have to admit... I'm extremely cheap.

topazsparrow

topazsparrow

Lots of people are NOT going to like this hack job shet, but I thought someone might find it useful or at least entertaining.

I've got a long trip coming up on short notice and couldn't justify buying a windscreen for 200+ dollars here in Canada... so I made my own and damn does it work well. I was surprised just how much of a difference it makes TBH. Not sure if I should buff it up properly or paint it semi-gloss black. Cost me less than 10 bucks using scrap my buddy had laying around.

Enjoy the carnage:

oVMf7zq.jpg

lvDzABx.jpg

lmtFdu1.jpg

hpEKJ31.jpg

UNnfWu6.jpg

• Premium Member

Oi! I like the little punk rock spikes!
It's actually not bad. Some black paint might help though. Most of my mods on my bike follow the
function > beauty
inequality too. (Especially if I was going on a long trip)

• Premium Member

This looks like the first mod made en route to a mad max road warrior bike. I agree black paint would at least make it blend in a little better. But whatever works, works!

-JT

It's cheap, it's functional, it's more protective than plastic, it's kinda ugly/kinda cool, it's in need of some (blk.) paint. Good effort! You didn't spend too much so you won't be in the doghouse tonight.  ;)  Let us know how it performs at highway speed.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Nice improvisation job! Some flat black paint and it will look a lot better than some of the aftermarket screens.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I like how it's raised off of the headlight. The stance is aggressive that way. Pretty much like how I raised my Givi.

SigSide.jpg

topazsparrow
I like how it's raised off of the headlight. The stance is aggressive that way. Pretty much like how I raised my Givi.
Heh, I just checked your build thread and we used the exact same corner braces to make the brackets!

One vote for red/gold ;) 
mijter-sinterklaas.jpg

lol! The red will make it faster and the gold will make it regally faster, give it dat grill like bling!

Beemer

• Premium Member

I'm cheap too...
IMG_0432_zpsppyeksmu.jpg

Amazing what you can do with some scrap metal, drill, vice and Dremel.

- Andy

• Premium Member

Anything DIY is cooler than a bolt on product in my eyes.

Your bike shall henceforth be called "shovelhead", and not for the shape of the rocker boxes.

Everything went braap.

Archived