The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha belly cowl and Akropovich Carbon

seega7

Anyone know if the Yamaha belly cowl will fit correctly with the Akropovich Carbon full system ? Thanks in advance

• Premium Member

As I recall, the Yamaha piece specifies use with the stock exhaust. It doesn't seem that the Yama part is very popular here. If you don't get a certain reply here, you might want to order the Yama piece, with the agreement that it can be returned IF it doesn't fit. Then, you can tell us all for sure, one way or the other.

• Global Moderator
As I recall, the Yamaha piece specifies use with the stock exhaust. It doesn't seem that the Yama part is very popular here. If you don't get a certain reply here, you might want to order the Yama piece, with the agreement that it can be returned IF it doesn't fit. Then, you can tell us all for sure, one way or the other.
Or you can go through @motomachines and get the ermax belly pan

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

One of our members @pgeldz has the Yamaha belly cowl with the Akra Ti exhaust and it installed ok. I also have it installed, but with the stock exhaust. I don't remember seeing that setup on here, but someone may reply that has it. Good luck!

I have the oem belly pan and the two brothers exhaust. The headers did rub against the cowl but the heat melted a perfect space for it. Now it has a "looks to be factory" half circle in it to fit the pipe perfect.

What is that in your avatar? A concept drawing of our FZ's or a future concept?
It is a concept drawing of our current FZ-07 
Cant wait to see the 2017's

motomachines
Thanks for the input.
Did you already buy the Yamaha belly cowl, or are you still on the market? I'd be more than happy to show you some options we have, if you're interested of course. 

Moto Machines
Importer and Distributor for Hepco & Becker and Ermax Products
https://www.motomachines.com/

• Premium Member
One of our members @pgeldz has the Yamaha belly cowl with the Akra Ti exhaust and it installed ok. I also have it installed, but with the stock exhaust. I don't remember seeing that setup on here, but someone may reply that has it. Good luck!
I haven't seen the Carbon Akra with the OEM belly pan, but I think it would work no problem. 
- Paulie

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Don't know about the Yamaha belly pan, but the Ermax seems to fit them all for what I have seen. I have the Ermax belly with the Yoshimura and fit perfect.

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

twowheeladdict

I have the Yamaha to hide the ugly stock exhaust. Why would you want to hide the aftermarket exhaust you spent all that money for?

2015 FZ-07

I have the Yamaha to hide the ugly stock exhaust. Why would you want to hide the aftermarket exhaust you spent all that money for?

I spent extra to get an exhaust that was harder to see, to me it looks better barely there.

I have that set up - you will need to do a little clearance on the cowl. I can post a picture if you like
That would be great. Thanks 

Archived