The MT-07 Forum

Tuners

anotherphase

anotherphase

I am wanting to put on a tuner to get rid of my lean pop on decel and clean it up some. Anu suggestions on which one(s) to use?

I am cheap, that is really my only limitation. I'd rather not have to dyno my bike.

A 2wheel Dynoworks flash tune (no dyno required) should take care of that and a lot of people swear by it but just how cheap are you?

Beemer

anotherphase

Mostly just hesitant to buy most things unless I seriously need to buy. But since I am looking into this I want to buy one and be done. I hear about Power Commander from most of what I have researched and Russian Rider used EJK tuner with its presets.

• Premium Member

I went with the ECU flash and am very happy with the results. 

Noticeably softer engine braking was one.
Smoother throttle roll ons from a standing stop.

The only drawbacks for the ECU flash are the initial cost and the wait as the ECU travels there and back again.

bmwpowere36m3
Mostly just [strong]hesitant to buy most things unless I seriously need[/strong] to buy. But since I am looking into this I want to buy one and be done. I hear about Power Commander from most of what I have researched and Russian Rider used EJK tuner with its presets.
Did you seriously need to buy an exhaust... ;) Every option has is Pros/Cons.  Need to research each option.  IMHO, the ECU flash is the simplest and easiest..."set and forget".  Now if you want to adjust fueling and parameters to your heart's content, then you need to look at the EJK (very basic, only fuel trims and can't change decel fueling) or the PC (basically can tune every parameter and get in trouble in a hurry).
Personally I don't want to d*ck around with every engine parameter... for one, I don't have access to a dyno (free) and two, if the ECU flash gets me to 95% performance I'm happy with that.

anotherphase
Mostly just [strong]hesitant to buy most things unless I seriously need[/strong] to buy. But since I am looking into this I want to buy one and be done. I hear about Power Commander from most of what I have researched and Russian Rider used EJK tuner with its presets.
Did you seriously need to buy an exhaust... ;) Every option has is Pros/Cons.  Need to research each option.  IMHO, the ECU flash is the simplest and easiest..."set and forget".  Now if you want to adjust fueling and parameters to your heart's content, then you need to look at the EJK (very basic, only fuel trims and can't change decel fueling) or the PC (basically can tune every parameter and get in trouble in a hurry).
Personally I don't want to d*ck around with every engine parameter... for one, I don't have access to a dyno (free) and two, if the ECU flash gets me to 95% performance I'm happy with that.

I wanted to be heard as I ride so I got the exhaust.

Personally I don't want my bike to have any down time because of shipping off my ECU. Woth the EJK and PC I can plug and play. I'm drawn to one because of price and the other for the ability to actually tune how I want it.

bmwpowere36m3

You need to do more research of your own, because all of them will have some down-time from installing to messing with the settings. A week of down-time is a "deal-breaker"?

EJK and PC are on opposite ends of the spectrum, so to me its sounds like you don't know what you want or need. If you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't be asking... to be frank.

• Premium Member

Less than a week of downtime to get an ECU reflashed is way better then spending what I think would be even more time to get it right would be to use the EJK or PC5...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Have to agree on the ecu reflash. If the bike is for the road ( not track) then reflash will do pretty much everything you need and if you tell them your setup ( exhaust filter , fuel rating usually used) it will be pretty much there for everything. Has the advantage of being invisible. Not such a great idea if you don't do you own servicing and don't have a sympathetic Yamaha service department. If they play with the ecu it can be bricked. Has the advantage of allowing you to run the O2 sensor so it can adapt, removes the fuel shutoff on closed throttle decel and some even remove a couple of limiters.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Global Moderator
If I did want to send in for the flash, do I need to call or email the company and set it ?
I would call or email Nels at (425) 269-5332 or 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com. Let him know you heard about him here and a review is required after you get it installed :)

Archived