The MT-07 Forum

Planning day trip to Niagra Falls and/or Toronto, Canada

njdevils1990

njdevils1990

I live in Flemington, NJ and I recently got chosen through work to go to Greenville, South Carolina for Michelin/TIA Level 400 Training (so I can train my team members to properly install and work on tires). I chose to drive down as I don't really care for airports, love flying in small planes though. So this takes place at the end of next month and I wanted an "easy" and fun route that I could do to.simulate a one way trip to SC as I would be doing the trip in one day. I have done a 1,000 mile trip from Daytona to Flemington in 17 hours before on my 1125CR. Basically my plan is to wake up and leave for Niagra Falls in Ontario by 6am. Depending on traffic I should be up there by 12pm. Hang out for about an hour and get lunch. Then go to Toronto to visit the Hockey Hall Of Fame. After that, leave by 3pm to be back home in Flemington by 10pm. Total trip will be about 1,500km if I go to Toronto or, 1,200km if I only go to Niagra and back. Either one will give me a good idea of how the bike will handle a cross country trip and more importantly how my ass will handle it. My trip to SC is about 1,125-1,200km depending on the route I take. If I find it unbearable I will just take my Explorer down. I will update this slowly until I actually leave for the trip. Will post route details once I finalize them.

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

• Premium Member

Good luck man, sounds like fun training.

Everything went braap.

Archived