The MT-07 Forum

Deer almost got me :D or did I almost get it?

cherenkovblu3

Holy Sh*t. Glad you didn't hit it. Cant quite tell what happened, Did the car clip it, was it running across and just decided to go for you? Again glad you're safe. wow

Damn, that could of been bad. Looks like the deer was tumbling in front of you. Maybe it got tripped up running or the vehicle in the far lane hit it. Glad your alright and escaped the possible collision.

Holy Sh*t. Glad you didn't hit it. Cant quite tell what happened, Did the car clip it, was it running across and just decided to go for you? Again glad you're safe. wow
It came out onto the road after the truck passed by and it was back pedaling to avoid getting hit but it's hooves slipped and it went down. Looks to me like if any part of the bike made contact with it, it would've been the right foot peg cracking him a good one on the knoggin. Was a close call, could've been ugly and a whole different vocabulary would've been used in that case, ha!  ;)  Glad you're alright,  cherenkovblu3. Cool video!

Beemer

Glad you're ok. Could've been all bad and a way different situation if you were a couple secs earlier or later.

cherenkovblu3

Lol, it was crazy, as soon as I saw it I was like "yup, hitting that for sure" When it first happened I thought the truck hit it and sent it tumbling down to me, but Beemer is 100% right, when I got home and watched it, I saw that it came down into the road after the truck passed, tried to change direction, slipped, and tumbled down past me. Definitely the closet call i've had with any animals :P

• Global Moderator

Wow, I had to re-run the clip over and over again. And still couldn't see where it came from. It rolled out of nowhere. It is one of my biggest fears where I live now, especially at dusk.

Btw, the deer always hits you and not the other way around when it comes to insurance.

• Premium Member

Buy a lottery ticket... immediately!
You're sure to win with luck like that. Wow.   :o

Bucaro_FZ07

One of the guys I ride with was hit right in front of m by a deer a little bit bigger than this one, he ended up in a ditch on the side of the road, luckily nothing major happened to him but his bike was totaled.
lucky you, glad you didn't get hit.

cherenkovblu3
One of the guys I ride with was hit right in front of m by a deer a little bit bigger than this one, he ended up in a ditch on the side of the road, luckily nothing major happened to him but his bike was totaled. lucky you, glad you didn't get hit.
Ah damn, glad your buddy made out alright 

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
Hough, author of Proficient Motorcycling, spends some time emphasizing deer collisions as a major hazard.  
https://www.amazon.com/Proficient-Motorcycling-Ultimate-Guide-Riding/dp/1620081199/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466008298&sr=8-1&keywords=hough+proficient+motorcycling
Yeah, I can attest to that .................................... 

• 3 weeks later...

Holly shit dude, that was close, and what the hell was the dear doing? He was freaking drifting to show his face to the camera :o
Glad you are okay!

Archived