The MT-07 Forum

Clutch cable threaded part??

rocco

Hey all, mine did go down a few months ago on the right side. All good now!

I do feel though where my clutch cable goes into the clutch cover is missing a piece. On top where the cable is attached there is a "threaded" part and it looks odd to me. Pics on google aren't clear enough.

Could you post pics of where your cable enters the cover so I can make sure mine is fine? I could just be paranoid.

Thanks!

Phew!!!! I was cleaning her and that just didn't look right!

Do some have a "cap" on top? My google search showed something could be on there but not on all?

Also, I see grease where the cable is, not a lot but it made me question if it was supposed to be exposed.

Feel much better now!

Although the post you show doesn't show the part I mean. I can't figure out how to post a pic. On the top of the clutch cover where the cable is attached. I need a close up of someone's!

oh lol. When you said clutch cable and threaded, that was the only thing my mind jumped to.

That is normal as well. Here is mine.

zVzRqkO.jpg

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Sorry! It's an odd part to describe!

Ok great! I was looking through pics of when I first got her and I could have sworn there was something there before.

Thanks man!

I want to say mine originally had it.

Think it serves a purpose or just for looks?/

I'm not sure what that would even be called to order a new one

Can someone post a pic if they have it on?

I looked at the cable and it doesn't seem like it is going anywhere. I'm not sure how long the part has been missing and its been riding fine

Archived