The MT-07 Forum

What is considered good brands for brake/clutch levers?

scion719

thomascrown

The absolute best brake lever is oem. No aftermarket lever with the stupidly designed pazzo adjustment joints can replicate the solid feel of the oem lever. Push up and down (vertically) on your aftermarket lever. If there is more than 1 or 2mm of play, then it's garbage, and can't match the oem lever's tolerances.

• 2 weeks later...
I dont mind paying more for a really good set. I found these on amazon, but the crazy low price makes me want to stay away. 
https://www.amazon.com/Short-Clutch-Levers-Yamaha-2014-2016-Black/dp/B019IK1MZO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1466441672&sr=8-3&keywords=fz07+clutch+lever

$150 for the Pazzo set would be ok if the quality really was a step up from the off brands.
I have these in the Gold/Black option on my FZ currently and they seem to be of decent quality especially at that price point. Don't tell them but I would have paid more for them lol. The clutch lever clicks though, seems like it rests a hair too far forward and catches ever so slightly on the black housing and has an audible click. Doesn't inhibit movement at all but the sound was worrysome so I took it apart and inspected after about 300 miles and there isn't any wear or anything and they work exactly as they should, just a funny click. I've been running them for about 4-5k miles with zero issues. If you want shorty's that work great but aren't expensive and labeled they get it done. I'm about to upgrade to some higher quality levers though seeing as I bent my clutch lever ever so slightly in a dummy drop..  

• Global Moderator

ASV levers are a decent option
There are few companies that carry them anymore since their manufacturing force has been halved
I may end up with a set for use on the track, and keep my CRGs for steet use
Havemt decided yet, but lever swapa arent very hard at all

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived