The MT-07 Forum

Decisions, decisions...

Motorboat McGoat

Motorboat McGoat

Alrighty.  I love my FZ-07.  I have it exactly as I want it, however, I have someone who's interested in purchasing my bike, and I can also purchase an FZ-09 for pretty close to what I'm selling mine for.  I'm really tempted to do it.  Anyone gone from an FZ-09 to an 07?  Or vice-versa?  I'd love to hear about the change and difference/opinions of the two from someone who's ridden them both. 

• Premium Member

Other than the displacement different, you'll find the fit will be a bit different. The tank is larger on the FZ09 which was way too uncomfortable for me... but I'm 5'3" though.

I haven't ridden the 09, so as a side note, something to think about is the cost for insurance will go up and most likely your wheelies will too.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Do it. Your body adapts quickly, and once you stop riding the 07, you won't be able to remember enough to make a true comparison (so the 09 will feel normal to you). The sheer thrill of its increase in torque is awesome and you won't look back. Do you need the 09? Most likely not, but since when did we ever buy things based on need in this society? *scoffs at that notion*

Insurance hike is about 200-300 range extra per year relative to the 07 but it will vary for everyone based on age and state. You have to visit the gas station quicker that's a downer. Depending on your weight you might greater notice the craptastic suspension. And you will have to look at it which might trigger a slight feeling of disgust for 8 out of 10 people, visually, but the physical and spiritual pleasures (sexual or not) you will receive from the engine make up for that.

Do it. Your body adapts quickly, and once you stop riding the 07, you won't be able to remember enough to make a true comparison (so the 09 will feel normal to you). The sheer thrill of its increase in torque is awesome and you won't look back. Do you need the 09? Most likely not, but since when did we ever buy things based on need in this society? *scoffs at that notion* 
Insurance hike is about 200-300 range extra per year relative to the 07 but it will vary for everyone based on age and state. You have to visit the gas station quicker that's a downer. Depending on your weight you might greater notice the craptastic suspension. And you will have to look at it which might trigger a slight feeling of disgust for 8 out of 10 people, visually, but the physical and spiritual pleasures (sexual or not) you will receive from the engine make up for that.
That's kinda how I felt about the 07's engine.

Beemer

Archived