The MT-07 Forum

Mirrors

equilibrium

Hello fellow riders,

Are you happy with mirrors on our FZ-07?

I wasn't bc I couldn't see anything, so I got some extenders on ebay, now I can see fine, but my bike looks like a donkey with big ears lol.

What's your set up, and has anyone got the bar-end mirrors?

I like the stock mirrors, more then any other bike I've ever had. I'm a fairly slim rider so I can see out of them pretty well.

I'm a fan of bar-end mirrors on cafe style bikes with clip-ons, but feel they look awkward on upright/streetfighter style bikes.

Unless they're Hypermotard style flipout mirrors built into the hand guard, I'd stick to the stock style mirrors.

FZ07 Mods: Akrapovic Ti - Shorai Lithium Battery - Pazzo Levers - OEM Flyscreen

Hello fellow riders,  
Are you happy with mirrors on our FZ-07?

I wasn't bc I couldn't see anything, so I got some extenders on ebay, now I can see fine, but my bike looks like a donkey with big ears lol.

What's your set up, and has anyone got the bar-end mirrors?
I was interested to look at your extenders, but the link you posted was very generic. Can you repost please. 

I'm a fan of bar-end mirrors on cafe style bikes with clip-ons, but feel they look awkward on upright/streetfighter style bikes.
Same here, and I agree and suspect the bar-end mirrors will be difficult to use on the FZ-07 as you would have to move your head every time you want to look at them. When riding a bike (or a car), you should never have to move your head to look at the mirrors, but only your eyes. Mirrors should be part of your direct front facing field of view.

I recently found that my handlebars were not installed at the proper angle and rotated them backwards.

a nice side effect was that this has made my mirrors easier to use and the field of view is much better.

Guest montana07
I am installing CRG arrow bar end mirrors As soon as they arrive

Keep us updated, from what I've seen these fit the bikes style better then anything else.

here is a few street fighter bikes with bar ends
Those arrow style bar ends are a little bit better, but I can't help but see "earrings" still. Takes a little away from the stripped-down muscular look of these bikes. Would look okay on a faired sport bike though. 
Something like a angular lower/wider profile stalk mirror would be pretty clean and consistent.

FZ07 Mods: Akrapovic Ti - Shorai Lithium Battery - Pazzo Levers - OEM Flyscreen

Guest montana07

Killing my neck here man...

Looks good though, big improvement over stock. Still wish someone would do some angular bar ends like the stock mirrors but slightly smaller.

1kTFBuk.jpg
CRG LS HS mirror with adapter kit. Best ones out there. Do it right. Has multiple pivots for adjustability and won't brake off if dropped. Also has a convex mirror. 

Greatness

• 4 months later...
1kTFBuk.jpg CRG LS HS mirror with adapter kit. Best ones out there. Do it right. Has multiple pivots for adjustability and won't brake off if dropped. Also has a convex mirror. 
The adapter kit just lets you install without having to shift everything further into the bar, right?  Looks like it simply adds a mounting point to the end of the bar instead of on the bar itself.  Looks like a pretty neat idea...   I'm still on the fence with what mirrors I want.  I'm a wider guy but I should at least give the stockers a shot before before I blow $200 to replace.

• 7 months later...

I installed the Ebay $11 Bar End mirrors on my FZ-07. They work really good. and are easy to install.  Make sure you remove the larger collar as the video shows.   How to video below:

• Global Moderator

Went with the crg arrows for mine... cant say how much i love em. I believe all of the crg mirrors are convex allowing a much larger FOV than you'd expect

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Went with the crg arrows for mine... cant say how much i love em. I believe all of the crg mirrors are convex allowing a much larger FOV than you'd expect
The Arrows are convex?  That's cool, I didn't know that.  Looks like I just made my decision a little easier, because I like the look of the Arrow better but went with the Hindsight for a better view since I only use one mirror.  I think too, with the Arrow I could rock two and not dislike the look of it.  

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Global Moderator
The Arrows are convex?  That's cool, I didn't know that.  Looks like I just made my decision a little easier, because I like the look of the Arrow better but went with the Hindsight for a better view since I only use one mirror.  I think too, with the Arrow I could rock two and not dislike the look of it.  
Yes there is a slight convex to them. I have them adjusted as fas outboard as possible. If im in the middle lane on a 3 lane road in my right mirror i can see the left lane about 2 car lengths behind my position and vice-versa.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 5 months later...
b858b1ec1208fb2d8392920fffb6f830.jpg

Did you have to use adapters? I just ordered some mirrors for mine without adapters. I here mixed reviews on needing them and not needing them. Your bike looks great btw.

I have the CRG arrows on mine too and love it. I installed mine with the bar-end mirror adapters. I felt if you're gonna pay the high price for the CRG mirrors, might as well do it right. I didnt want to risk the mirrors flying off. Just had to get used to the mirrors, but they're great. I'm anxious to see how they will look once I have my woodcraft clip-ons and new grips installed in a few days.

• Premium Member

I found the stock mirrors, no matter how I adjusted them, drove me nuts. I picked up a set of the Rizoma Reverse Retro bar-end and love 'em. Serious quality build from Rizoma. Weren't cheap but worth every penny.
[attachment id=1378" thumbnail="1]

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Archived