The MT-07 Forum

Turn signals out of sync

kawinight

After installing led front and rear signals and keeping my daytime running lights. I noticed my front signals are out of sync with the display and rear signals. Not sure if it was always like this or just started after install? Also if I put the hazards on in key on or engine run mode they do the same. If I put the hazards on in "accessory" I think it's called, It's next to the lock position. They all blink in sync.
Anyone else experience this?

• Premium Member

What method did you use to keep the DRL's? Both the blinker genie and using just the two power wires (no ground) will cause this.

- Andy

I assume the second method, because I bought a 3-2 wire kit off of tripage.com so I could keep my drl. It was heat shrink so i couldn't tell you how they wired it. I would assume they wired them together and used diodes.

I also assume it's in sync when turned to accessory with the hazards on because the drl wire isn't powered?

Did you add a relay or resistors when you switched to LEDs?
TST Relay. The signals work fine, the front doesn't Mach up with the rear and cluster signals. Which is fine with me. I was just curious.

Fearedbynone

if you used a 2 to 3 wire conversion board ( blinker genie) this is normal. the board turns off the light when the bike sends voltage to the blinker wire.
so it will turn the front off when the rear turns on.

Dave

Archived