The MT-07 Forum

New member awaiting delivery in Seattle!

wingnutted

Hi all! I just put a deposit down for a graphite and blue FZ-07! I'm really looking forward to getting it (first bike) and learning from all of you. Living in Seattle, so hopefully there are other Pacific Northwest folks around here!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome wingnutted! Congrats on your first bike, are you a new rider too? Yep, we have some folks from the PNW around here!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

I am in Bellingham, and I know there is at least one more Seattleite here, as well as another Bellinghamster. We will have enough for a NW WA meet up soon :).

• Global Moderator

Oops, I forgot to say welcome to the forum. We expect to see some photos when you get your bike. You are going to love it.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hippiebikerchick:I am indeed a new rider, taking the safety course in a week and a half. I'm really looking forward to getting to know people around here.

Mjh937: I spent four years living in the ham as a WWU student! I've actually got my bike on order through Cassandra at Skagit Powersports, so I'll be in the area. Also looking forward to Chuckanut Drive and the Mt Baker highway!

• Global Moderator

I bought mine from Casandra too. She was great. I love Chuckanut, and there are so many other great roads in Whatcom and Skagit counties. I have not ridden up to Artist Point yet, but it is on the list.

My son starts at WWU this fall.

• Global Moderator

Hey wingnutted! Good to see you here, welcome.
Excellent choice for a first bike! It's light and easy to handle and you won't grow out of it any time soon. It's definitely not a beginners bike, good move to take a safety course. You are going to love it, these bikes are amazing!

Thanks for the welcome everyone! This seems like a great group, especially as a new rider who's looking to learn and have a good time.

@MJH937 WWU was an awesome experience! Casandra has been great, now I'm just waiting to get a firmer delivery date.

@Guru I'm looking forward to learning and have heard some actually really good things about the safety courses. Also loving that it's a bike I'll hopefully have for a long while

• Global Moderator

The safety course was definitely worthwhile. I am very glad I did it even though I had my endorsement.

My delivery date was "sometime in July". Casandra was good about checking, but had no info until it arrived at the warehouse in Kent.

• Premium Member

Welcome! Yeah the waiting sucks, but it's most defintely worth it.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Thanks for the warm welcome! 
Hippiebikerchick:I am indeed a new rider, taking the safety course in a week and a half. I'm really looking forward to getting to know people around here.

Mjh937: I spent four years living in the ham as a WWU student! I've actually got my bike on order through Cassandra at Skagit Powersports, so I'll be in the area. Also looking forward to Chuckanut Drive and the Mt Baker highway!

I was at SPS yesterday discussing the bike and heard that the next deliveries were already spoken for.  You are going to love the new bike.  Looking forward to meeting you. 

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

• 3 weeks later...

9/8 Update: I picked up my new bike on Saturday morning! By the end of Sunday there were 410 miles on it....absolutely loving it, and can't wait to get through the break-in miles.

Archived