The MT-07 Forum

New member looking

zilla

I'm very interested in the FZ-07, but i'm wondering how it would work for a bigger guy. i'm 6'1 250.

I'm not too concerned about 2 up, but need to be somewhat comfortable on the bike.

I'm hoping to go check one out this weekend.

Thanks.

• Global Moderator

hey zilla, great to see you posting. The only way to find out is to sit one one and see if it fits. The engine will have no problem moving you around. It has lots of torque. Have fun this weekend!

Hey zilla, glad to see another prospective FZ07 Owner out there!

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

Well I got to finally see one in the flesh.

I think i fit the bike fine. I don't think i'll be riding 2 up too much though.

It looks like a well built bike. I like the style.

The only thing I don't like is the instrument cluster.
Call me old fashioned, but I still like real gauges. LOL!

It gives me something to think about that's for sure.

• Global Moderator

I thought I would want an analog tach, but I got used to the LCD one quickly. I think the panel is well laid out and it is easy to read with just a glance. I would not let that dissuade you. And welcome to the forum. Please feel free to post any other questions and we want pictures when you get your bike!

Welcome and Bienvenue Zilla. Modern bikes call for modern instrument clusters.
I believe you will get used to it, and might even enjoy its usability. But, it seams that the instrument cluster won't be much for you to look at when you start riding.

• Global Moderator

Coming from a Wr250x with a simple digital cluster, this dash is a revelation. So many options, setting and info !

rotaryryan24

I'm the same height but 235lbs and the fz07 is plenty comfy, my bike is mainly a commuter, 100 miles a day. I have to turn my head down just slightly to view the dash but not bad. But overall extremely happy with it.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

I'm 6'0 220 and I rode over 200 miles on mine yesterday temps over 100 let a friend who is 6'3" 285 ride it and he had no problem power wheeling mine thru the parking lot

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome zilla! Would this be your first bike?

Illegitimi non carborundum

I thought I would want an analog tach, but I got used to the LCD one quickly. I think the panel is well laid out and it is easy to read with just a glance. I would not let that dissuade you. And welcome to the forum. Please feel free to post any other questions and we want pictures when you get your bike!
He said it perfectly! It is extremely well laid out and I don't have to glance down long to look. The LCD tach is great once I became used to it! I haven't regretted buying the bike one bit! 

Welcome zilla! Would this be your first bike?
No, i've been riding on the street since the age of 18. I'll be 49 next month. Started on a XS650. (rofl)

I've had and have a little bit of everything.  As small as a CL350, to a Victory Cross Roads.

I'm looking at the FZ because I actually want a smaller/lighter bike.
IMO bikes have gotten too big and too heavy. I remember when my Dad's BMW R75 was considered a big bike.

I would get used to the instruments i'm sure, just call me old fashioned.

Archived