The MT-07 Forum

Major Change Coming to the Look of the MT/FZ-07?

Guest 2wheeler

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have to see it finished to get a definite idea of what is going, but I have a feeling I will not like it. It's a bit much for the fz 07 front end.

• Premium Member

[attachment id=2116" thumbnail="1]

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator

They mention a drawing of the FZ-07 with the new headlight design but then do not show it and I cannot find it. Does anyone have a link to that?

• Premium Member
They mention a drawing of the FZ-07 with the new headlight design but then do not show it and I cannot find it. Does anyone have a link to that?
It was right at the beginning of the article... 

let "artists" like Roland Sands pull stuff like this. Put a big round headlight (I'll allow the recent Ducati Monster type) on all bikes by default. PLEASE!

An article that can't be bothered to link to the source document. What is this, Slashdot? MCN your editors need a swift kick.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

The headlights was the main thing I never really liked on our bikes. Whatever they do to the design, I can't see it looking any worst... Or can it?

I might like it ... I like the transformer look, but only if it have better performance too. Most likely to pricey for my budget.

• Premium Member

Here you go @mjh937. I had to close the window before I could get the image for you. You might've missed it since it pulls up an AD before you get to see it. 

[attachment id=2117" thumbnail="1]

• Global Moderator
Here you go @mjh937 . I had to close the window before I could get the image for you. You might've missed it since it pulls up an AD before you get to see it.  

Thanks, buy I saw that one. The article says there are drawings of bikes and that some drawings "clearly show an FZ-07". Those are the ones I cannot seem to find online, and unfortunately they are not linked to in the article. 

It is gonna happen. I doubt if any motorcycle will have an incandescent bulb ( maybe really cheap ones but I suspect the bulb will die out) in a very few years. It's cheaper to manufacture a whole light, faster, more reliable , uses less power, can be made much smaller and lighter ( a good thing on a motorcycle). The shape of fairings for street motorcycles can now have less restrictions on the shape.
Nothing stopping a big round one but it will be a styling exercise , not because a big round is needed.
The incandescent bulb is going the way of whale oil lighting, Video tape recorders, cassettes ( and maybe CD's), road bikes with 18" wheels, and carburetors.
If you don't like change then carbon fibre motorcycle frames are gonna be a disappointment as well. CF has recently had a huge change in the manufacturing process that will make it MUCH cheaper and a single piece carbon frame ( possibly with innegra to increase toughness) will very probably take over chassis material.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Global Moderator

That is depressing. I am off to sort my slide collection while I listen to an eight-track on the hi-fi. :)

On second thoughts a carbon fiber bike with all LED lighting (my FZ-07 is already all LED now anyway) sounds good. As long as it has a clutch. 

• Premium Member

Damn that was fast! Beat me to posting it! I saw it on reddit's /r/fz07 and ran over here. I was opened up two windows and looked at the front ends side by side... I think it will look pretty cool. Then again I like the look of the FZ-10. I'm sure there would be a way to buy a kit or parts for the older FZ-07s...

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

• Global Moderator

Am I the only person who likes our headlight? Of course I am a bit of an oddball as I like the stock exhaust too.

AlbatrossCafe

I actually wanted to do a similar 4-headlight design with my bike and LED projectors. I wanted to a shape like below (excuse the 30-second drawing MS paint quality):

http://i.imgur.com/py3ffCD.png

http://i.imgur.com/KrMpUDa.jpg

I would move what is  currently on my bike down a bit and added 2 more just above them on either side or something. Then put a windscreen over the top center of it. This "proposed" design is almost on that track...

• Premium Member
Am I the only person who likes our headlight? Of course I am a bit of an oddball as I like the stock exhaust too.

Me too. The fz-10 style headlight has too much going on.

• Premium Member

I'm more annoyed Yamaha can change a headlight look but won't spend a dime to provide better stock suspension...This is a strike in my book by Yamaha...nothing is wrong with the fz look...all these fancy headlight set ups like the fz-10 actually kill the bike...what's is so darn special about a complicated looking headlight??? Is this the only reason ppl by a motorcycle is cuz the headlight looks cute... If I was the boss at Yamaha I would be firing the ppl who wanna push headlight thru and not even bother making the bike more enjoyable to ride...the fz-09 headlight is my limit...if they change the fz-09 headlight I will not be buying one just so I can swap out the headlight for a much simpler look...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

admittedly most engineering types are atrocious at cosmetics, but the artsy-fartsy designers need some "boot to the head":

(2:40 in) as heard on the Dr. Demento show. 
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member
I actually like the transformer style... I like this face lift... Am I the only one...? Lol

But you also like the sticker...
:P

• Global Moderator
I'm more annoyed Yamaha can change a headlight look but won't spend a dime to provide better stock suspension...This is a strike in my book by Yamaha...nothing is wrong with the fz look...all these fancy headlight set ups like the fz-10 actually kill the bike...what's is so darn special about a complicated looking headlight??? Is this the only reason ppl by a motorcycle is cuz the headlight looks cute... If I was the boss at Yamaha I would be firing the ppl who wanna push headlight thru and not even bother making the bike more enjoyable to ride...the fz-09 headlight is my limit...if they change the fz-09 headlight I will not be buying one just so I can swap out the headlight for a much simpler look...
I would rather have a $6990 MSRP and the suspension we have than pay an extra grand to have "better" suspension from the factory. I would prefer to spend the money I saved to upgrade the suspension to what I want as the stock suspension would probably be set up for someone that was lighter than me anyway. 

• Premium Member
I would rather have a $6990 MSRP and the suspension we have than pay an extra grand to have "better" suspension from the factory. I would prefer to spend the money I saved to upgrade the suspension to what I want as the stock suspension would probably be set up for someone that was lighter than me anyway.  

If the price is still 6999 and without raising costs..I would choose the suspension for the time and $ spent on a headlight change...we all know this bike was built to be a budget bike to sell...from a manufacture view I would find it way simpler to make a phone call to my suspension supplier and change the specs...and I would rather hear customers " confidence " in the bike stability and handling then to make sure the headlight is " cute" 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived