The MT-07 Forum

Can't sleep, picking up the bike today.

Oz006

Hello all,

I've been lurking on this forum for about a month now. And as I lay here, too excited to sleep, I figured I should become a member.

As the subject says, I'm picking my bike up today. It's the black 07, and I can hardly wait. But I unfortunately will have to wait even longer to ride the bike. The thing is, I purchased the bike out of province (I'm Canadian). Not really a big deal, except for by the time I get home, the insurance office will be closed. And Tuesday will be the earliest I can get to one. So for the next two days, the bike will be in the back of my truck. Just begging me to ride it. Oh what a world. LOL. 

I guess a little information about my self and my bike history is also expected in this post. So, I've been on motorbikes since I was five. Got my bike licence the same day as my drivers licence. I've owned quite a few dirt bikes, and a few street bikes. Including a SV650 and a GSXR 750. Right now I own a WR250R.

Thats about it I guess, hope to be a somewhat active member of the forum. From just lurking, seems like a pretty good place.

Cheers.

• Global Moderator

Nice !!! Great to have you here. Another Canadian, sweet, the more the better. Which province are you from, where did you buy it? What are your plans? Any mods in the future?

I came from a WR250X. The FZ-07 will blow you away, it is so much more bike, the torque, the sound etc.. you are going to love it.

Feel free to ask lots of questions. We will keep you going until Tuesday.

Nice !!! Great to have you here. Another Canadian, sweet, the more the better. Which province are you from, where did you buy it? What are your plans? Any mods in the future? 
I came from a WR250X. The FZ-07 will blow you away, it is so much more bike, the torque, the sound etc.. you are going to love it.

Feel free to ask lots of questions. We will keep you going until Tuesday.
Had no idea so many people lived up in Canada .. WTH :P

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome oz006! Congrats on your new bike, hope you can contain yourself until Tuesday. When I bought my bike as they were doing the paperwork I was on my cell with my insurance man getting it set up so I could ride it away from there. Anyway, it will be worth the wait!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks all, due to work and insurance. This is where the bike will be sitting until Tuesday.
IMG_0179_zps66d24d81.jpg

Its so hard to wait. It just sits there taunting me. LOL

Guru - I'm from BC, bought the bike up in Calgary. Went there because our local Yamaha dealer doesn't have that great of reputation around here. I'm thinking about doing the exhaust with a fuel controller. The Dobeck deal looks pretty good. Then maybe LED turn lights and a rad guard, and anything else that peaks my interest ;) 

Cheers

• Global Moderator

Congratulations! It's a beauty ! looks good in grey. You could start by peeling off those warning stickers. And you can sit on it. That's more then some other members can. I bat you can't wait until Tuesday.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Gorgeous! If that color combo was available in the states I would have bought that one!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks all, due to work and insurance. This is where the bike will be sitting until Tuesday. IMG_0179_zps66d24d81.jpg

Oh man, that color looks so freaking clean! Just like a matte grey R1 :P Yamaha has always definitly been the aesthetic king of motorcycles that's for sure. Always sounds good and always look good hehehe 

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

Yes, I really like the colour. And a bonus surprise, it almost perfectly matches my truck. Really didn't see that coming. LOL. And yes, those stickers will be disappearing quickly.

• Global Moderator

I wish we had matte gray here. It would have been a hard choice for me between that and red.

That's a huge test. If you resist you're a truly patient guy. ;) I hope that the weather in your area isn't nice. It would be easier that way to let the bike in your truck's bed.

I'm a canadian too. My previous bike was a WR250X. For truly bumpy and twisty roads this little 250 is a LOT of fun.

I'm amazed by the FZ-07. Even if i don't do wheelies. I have to say that the 07 is easier than my previous SV650S. The 07's engine is torquier. The other thing that surprise me is the fuel consumption compared to my previous SV. The 07 is very fuel efficient.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Archived