The MT-07 Forum

New member in SoCal eyeing an FZ-07

mattk

Hello all my name is Matt and I am 35 living in southern California.

I have been riding for about 15 years but was in a motorcycle accident on may 14th which left me for the time being unable to walk. I am slowly healing and hope to be walking early in 2017. I spend a great chunk of my time researching motorcycles and came across the FZ-07 while looking for an affordable and comfortable fun bike I could use for daily riding, some light touring duty, and at some point conversion into a FZ-07R type custom. 

I lost my 07 Tuono Factory in the accident but still have an 01 CBR 929RR I plan on using as a dedicated track bike while the FZ possibly fills the niche for daily fun.

It's practical for sure, torquey for the city definitely fun to ride. Commuting kinda sucks on the freeway, but it is a naked bike and you get used to it and a windscreen helps a bit. Light and agile which makes lane splitting and filtering nice and easy (although the stock mirror are perfect height to hit many car mirrors = /). Also they look awesome, and sound great once you get an exhaust on them, I prefer my near deafening Akra Ti.

Welcome, Matt! Hope your recovery progress is good, glad to hear you'll enjoy riding again (& other stuff!).

What you described are the reasons why I am going for the FZ-07 again - economic, fun and good looking. For sure, with mods it can improve a lot! That's when your FZ-07R comes to scene, hehe.

Enjoy around!

Safe riding!

I think my ultimate goal will be to afix more of a retro fairng to the bike to get the feel of a 60's racer. Too bad the XSR700 is still nowhere to be seen stateside

Archived